I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that large lock, looks to be in very good condition too - would be a good centerpiece in a relic collection. :Y:

Good on you for re-burying that spearhead too. :)

The Scrounger said:
Out in the middle of nowhere and you stumble across a very cool item smaller than a $2.00 coin,what a top sun baker find :Y:

Staring at your "smart" phone in the city you miss everything including the rest of the human race 8)

So true hey! Yeah this was unreal so far from anywhere in thick bush with not a signal around for miles Always wonder how things like this get there

pete165 said:
Hi Tailormac

Have you checked that 1931 penny. There is a variety called the indian die dropped one. It can be worth thousands of dollars. I have one worth $4500 but had to buy it from a dealer. worth checking it out in case.

Yeah, checked it out but no luck. I will keep on looking though :)

Goldpick said:
I love that large lock, looks to be in very good condition too - would be a good centerpiece in a relic collection. :Y:

Good on you for re-burying that spearhead too. :)

Cheers yeah im a firm believer of things that ight happen if i took it but i also have many noongar friends and respect their culture

Tailormarc I really love the noongar spear head you found and am thrilled you reburied it for the traditional land owners. top work :Y: :) :Y:

shakergt said:
Tailormarc I really love the noongar spear head you found and am thrilled you reburied it for the traditional land owners. top work :Y: :) :Y:
Thanks mate, yep i have full respect for noongar culture. As much as i would of loved to keep it i felt it must be buried and left there

Well not alot of finds this weekend gone. Trying a few new ideas but some interesting finds.
First off this gold plated ringy thing. No idea what it is
Gold decorative ring of some sort by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Little Turtle brooch
Turtle brooch by Marc Russo, on Flickr

This quite large china or porcaline doll pepper shaker/incense thing
Very old doll found in the bush by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Very old doll found in the bush. Love the moss covered face by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Very old doll found in the bush by Marc Russo, on Flickr

silver buckle...
Nice silver buckle by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Some tweezer found behind an old school site
Made in England tweezers by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Made in England tweezers by Marc Russo, on Flickr

1951 pennies found under a fallen tree branch by Marc Russo, on Flickr

This nice little " fine face gecko"
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Now yesterday i had find of the weekend and hopefully a nice little story behind it. I found where the old pub used to be then seen a huge salmon gum tree that would of been behind the pub. I walked strait over to the tree and started detecting around it. I got a high tone signal and started digging then hit a tree root. The signal was under the root. I knew it wasnt rubbish. I then started carefully digging with my hands and felt it . I then seen a section of it and took this photo..
Can you see the WW1 relic under the tree root? by Marc Russo, on Flickr

I clean the dirt away....
Can you see the WW1 relic under the tree root? by Marc Russo, on Flickr

YES!!!! Slouch hat rising sun!
WW1 slouch hat rising sun badge . Markers marked K.G Luke , Melbourne by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Cleaned up well. Might give it a light black coating to restore a little
WW1 slouch hat rising sun badge . Markers marked K.G Luke , Melbourne by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Makers mark... K.G Luke so not sure if its WW1 or WW2

Regarding the Rising Sun badge mate,it will be a WW2 badge as KG Luke wasn't operating during WW1.He was operating between 1937 and 1974.Nice find,love the way you photograph your finds.Leave the badge as is mate it looks awesome.The little buckle is cool as well.

Well interesting day yesterday. Went back to the old pun site and BAMM found the original bottle pit! All victorian era bottles and 98% of them all smashed sadly. I did pull 2 ultra rare Codds out. If they were complete they would be $2000 bottles!!!! I kept them as im sure they are still worth something even like this.
Love how on this first one you can see where the person slicked at the top to get the marble out

Latest posts