I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daggy said:
Are you cleaning some of these before the pics?

just water and tooth brush. Only my 1916 florin copped the bi carb boiling water job as im never selling it :)

Biggest Kev said:
Great finds Marc :Y: Are you using the standard coil on your 705?

Cheers
Kev

Had to standard coil up until a couple months ago. I bought a 15" 17.5kz coild, alot better and covers more area

Flowerpot said:
It's bloody incredible how much you guys find!! I'm quite envious ]:D ]:D :Y: :Y:

I think most people head to beaches and parks local. I dean 2 hours + inland to country towns each sat & sunday after spending all week researching :) Lots out there still

Well i had a family day yesterday so no detecting but went out saturday to try some new spots. First 2 locations were looking good, broken glass etc but nothing but this cap.... pretty sure its off an old oil burner..
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Nothing more at that location so headed back to my good old trusty location so hunt for more dog tags, BINGO my 4th in 4 weeks! and a couple coins etc

Cleaned up...

Cleaned up..

Well this has to be one of my best finds. We went back to the small area in the middle of the bush where we have been finding all the pennys and half pennies and threepence shillings etc and i found this little beauty!!!!!!!!
At first i thought it was a bean sinker for fishing then gave it a wipe to see a little colour then after a gentle wask with water and toothbrush... this...

Victorian era micro mosaic italian made brooch! All mosaics and there complete too!

What a find metal detecting today... by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Found this beauty today..., by Marc Russo, on Flickr

What a find metal detecting today.. by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Victorian Micro Mosaic brooch found metal detecting by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Victorian Micro Mosaic brooch found metal detecting by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Latest posts