Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mickkat12 said:
madtuna said:
Mickkat12 said:
madtuna said:
Mickkat12 said:
Vegan take on spaghetti
Tofu wraps with garlic sauce

GO VEGAN

I do almost identical wraps but with shavings of either camel or horse seasoned with Vegetta.....mouth watering! :p

Sounds like your high rolling with them animals entering you gastrointestinal system .

yep...If we were meant to eat Tofu god would have made it out of meat :D

Yeah and then God turned us into blood lusting, flesh eating , body harvesting zombies to Aquire the same proteins we can get from beans and other plant based sources . Go figure . https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6111/1494215642_image.jpg

I am more an evolutionist than creationist but either way we are omnivores... and some of us Omnomnomnivores. :p :D

1494219568_ff29de5da51fd9fd8df6eb6143efcc49_omnomnomnivore-weknowmemes-omnivore-meme_498-492.jpg

Pretty much sums me up too Rod, not smart enough though to work out what "ist" I am but leaning towards Evo... especially after using their coils :D

madtuna said:
Mickkat12 said:
madtuna said:
Mickkat12 said:
madtuna said:
I do almost identical wraps but with shavings of either camel or horse seasoned with Vegetta.....mouth watering! :p

Sounds like your high rolling with them animals entering you gastrointestinal system .

yep...If we were meant to eat Tofu god would have made it out of meat :D

Yeah and then God turned us into blood lusting, flesh eating , body harvesting zombies to Aquire the same proteins we can get from beans and other plant based sources . Go figure . https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6111/1494215642_image.jpg

And I thank him for it. Nothing like sitting down to a nice meal of spit roasted flesh.

Please excuse me for a minute, I have to go take the meat out of the oven :Y:

Lentil veg pie
1494220306_image.jpg

Ramjet said:
HoudiniHarry said:
Hi Mickkat12, love the meals you have been posting. Where on earth do you find such gems.
You really must start posting your recipes.

Your meals look very temping.

Cheers

Agreed. recipes are good.

Next pictures I take , I'll provide a recipe but too be honest it's just vegetables and I'm cooking for 10 people - 8 kids, so it's pretty basic and I've just refined it to suit our needs .
mick

Mickkat12 said:
Ramjet said:
HoudiniHarry said:
Hi Mickkat12, love the meals you have been posting. Where on earth do you find such gems.
You really must start posting your recipes.

Your meals look very temping.

Cheers

Agreed. recipes are good.

Next pictures I take , I'll provide a recipe but too be honest it's just vegetables and I'm cooking for 10 people - 8 kids, so it's pretty basic and I've just refined it to suit our needs .
mick
##You sound like my mum. :D Her recipes are... a little of this and some of that. As someone who doesn't cook many vegetarian or vegan meals, I would appreciate some recipes. We have a couple of vegetarians in the extended family so always looking to provide them with something interesting at family get gatherings. :)

Tried something a bit different today. Pulled pork but by a different method. I bought a boned, rolled shoulder and opened it up and cut the skin off. Then I cold smoked it for 2 1/2 hours. Now for the new part. I usually cook it in the smoker and add a sauce after it's cooked. Today after the cold smoking I put the pork and all the sauce ingredients into the slow cooker. I also crackled the skin to add some crunch. Turned out pretty good. Served on bread rolls with some slaw.

1494411190_20170510_121919.jpg

1494411191_20170510_184332.jpg

1494411191_20170510_185013.jpg

Well today was Kats 34th so I cooked lasagne
Replaced beef or cow or cattle or what ever mince is these days with lentils added silver beet and zucchini , and used bio cheese which is a pretend cheese that's vegan

Cooked not bad but I'm fussy kids and her enjoyed it

recipes is as goes

Olive oil , Brown onions , garlic , zucchini, add silver beat , add tomato tins x2 and 2 lasagne glass jars passion sauce , add one lemon counters tomato tartness .
Add lentils boil 5 mins wash lentils cold water to remove residue , assemble as normal
The white sauce is 900 mills soy milk , 10 table spoons plain flour , 100 grams butter , mix butter flour to make paste then whisk in milk , will thicken as normal .

Cook low heat 150 degrees 45/1 hour , has stuff all fat so takes a bit longer and the top layer will dry out if smashed by 220 plus degrees

Serve garlic bread and a bit of red :Y:
1494415360_image.jpg

Ramjet said:
Looks delicious Mick. What is the bio cheese? I am interested to learn.

Bio cheese is a cheese made by man mate . Google it its just a thing that helps you ween yourself of main stream diet guidelines. :D