Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy's
Can you stop with the good food ...
I don't get home for another few weeks ...
Yes I know I shouldn't look at this area but I just can't help it .....lol.

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Hi Dr Duck,
Yes, your instructions worked very well indeed, can you tell me what roll the tapioca powder plays in the mix? I tried to buy some at the local supermarket but they did not stock it, so just went with corn flour. I will try Coles et al for the tapioca and szechaun pepper and have another try, that said it will be hard to beat the first attempt, it was really great, thanks again for the recipe.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Hi Dr Duck,
Yes, your instructions worked very well indeed, can you tell me what roll the tapioca powder plays in the mix? I tried to buy some at the local supermarket but they did not stock it, so just went with corn flour. I will try Coles et al for the tapioca and szechaun pepper and have another try, that said it will be hard to beat the first attempt, it was really great, thanks again for the recipe.
Cheers, SinHof.
Any Asian shop will have it :D

Sinhof,
You can get the Tapioca flour at any supermarket under the name Arrowroot.

It just makes a nice coating, and is pretty crispy.

I don't know about getting szechuan pepper at the supermarket, I get the whole pods at an Asian shop, toast it lightly and grind it up in the mortar and pestle with salt and some chilli.

As well as going into the marinade it is really nice sprinkled on the finished product. The szechuan pepper has a numbing effect that is quite addictive.

G'Day Dr Duck,
We have a huge multi-national food supply outlet a few minutes drive from home, I'm sure they will have all the required goodies and then some, I will check it out later in the week. Squid was the main meal again last evening, can't get enough of it prepared with your recipe, thanks again for that; Problem now is that only one meal left in the fridge so it's time to go and catch a heap more to stock up before the water gets over run with boats and jet skies through the Christmas holidays. The szechuan pepper sounds interesting, will certainly try that.
Cheers, SinHof.

Morning tea today was grilled bacon with jalapeno eggs. :p :p
1481018906_20161206_102945.jpg

Luckily Mrs Silver finished cooking them for me when she realised I'd wandered off somewhere like a doddering old fool forgetting where I was n what I was doing ! :eek:

joao garimpeiro said:
hey silver
You're a great cook.
Thanks joao, I'll always take a pat on the back :D ,..... but Mrs Silver is way way more amazing than me in the kitchen, she makes normal taste divine ! :p

Thought it was about time I added another cook to the thread :)

Bought a boneless pork shoulder and removed the netting and replaced it with cooking twine:

1481336981_pp_2_1.jpg

I left the crackling on to help retain the moisture and to render the tasty fat down through the meat :p

1481336981_pp_2_2.jpg

Then I fired up the trusty Dragon and got it settled at 110 deg C with some hickory chips and apple wood branches for some smoky goodness:

1481336981_pp_2_3.jpg

Drizzled some olive oil onto the meat and applied a spicy rub all over (the pork :lol: ).

I put it on at 10.30pm and set my alarm for 6.30am. Gave it the old probe test and confirmed that yep it felt like jelly and was ready:

1481336922_pp_2_4.jpg

Rested it in a pre-warmed esky, double wrapped in foil and all the air spaces taken up with towels and this is what it looked like after 5 hours:

1481336923_pp_2_5.jpg

Shredded it with a fork and it pulled beautifully ;)

1481336923_pp_2_6.jpg

Of course I couldn't let the crackle go to waste so it was crisped up under the grill until it looked like this:

1481336923_pp_2_7.jpg

Well thats the tucker for the weekend sorted :cool:

Enjoy!!

Cheers,

Billy.

Young fella cooked pancake pizza, the topping is nuttella, ground up uglies piscuits, melted hard lollies, and the base is made on plain flour and has aniseed essence added as well.
1481339910_20161210_125703.jpg

can tell the school holidays have started at my place ! :p
(not that I can eat any of it at all)
:( 8.( :mad:
not really as bad as I'm making out
(the abstinance of sugar n grain)
:p :lol:

Latest posts