Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks whiteycq, you were not shouting, you just copied and pasted the recipe from your computer :D :lol: great recipe, I will try it this summer when I will start fishing again , cheers

Hello Drduck, wow soda water and sour dough? never crossed my mind, but surely it look great, bon appetit :D

Hi Liliane

You don't have to have sourdough to make a good batter.

The general rule I use is derived from tempura batter.

Plain flour and some salt, with enough very cold soda water to make a batter that is not too thick.

Add a dash of oil and vinegar and stir in.

That's it.

The most important thing is not to work the batter too much, just use a wooden spoon and stir it together. It is OK to have a few lumps in it.

The oil and vinegar and cold soda water, along with not working the batter too much, makes for a very crispy result.

I'm at it again :Y: family Christmas gathering and my eldest sisters birthday :flowers: :present:. Hope your all enjoying this beautiful weather :Y:.
1542426346_img_20181117_144247.jpg

This year the two Gyros are Lamb Chicken and Venison (the one young Charlie got earlier in the year) and a rolled blade of beef :beer: :beer: :perfect:.

Hard Luck said:
RM Outback said:
I'm at it again :Y: family Christmas gathering and my eldest sisters birthday :flowers: :present:. Hope your all enjoying this beautiful weather :Y:. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1542426346_img_20181117_144247.jpg

This year the two Gyros are Lamb Chicken and Venison (the one young Charlie got earlier in the year) and a rolled blade of beef :beer: :beer: :perfect:.

Yeah. Looks awesome. Bet it tasted great.

Sure did mate :Y:, it'll be fun when we get to do one at a meet up :beer: :) :fire: :Y:.

RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:
RM Outback said:
I'm at it again :Y: family Christmas gathering and my eldest sisters birthday :flowers: :present:. Hope your all enjoying this beautiful weather :Y:. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1542426346_img_20181117_144247.jpg

Yeah. Looks awesome. Bet it tasted great.

Sure did mate :Y:, it'll be fun when we get to do one at a meet up :beer: :) :fire: :Y:.

Hmmmm. Those mini spits are quite compact. I know for a fact they take 5kg of meat easy. pre marinate the meat, thread it out and cook it whilst in the bush. perfect.
A few beers and let the yellow find itself I say. very doable RM.

Latest posts