Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love everyones cooking however I have a problem.
Listening to Bluegrass America ( music) and just knowing that they love their food, I wanted to try cornbread.
Found a recipe on Taste, used all fresh ingredients and on two occasions I have fed the result to the bush turkeys ( they love it).
My problem is , the recipe says sweet to taste, yet mine is as sour as .
Checked everything including temp and time, all good and it comes out of the over smelling nice but an hour later when cooled, it is yuk.
Any help would be appropriated chefs.
Mackka 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

INGREDIENTS Nutrition
12 cup cornmeal
1 12 cups flour
23 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
12 teaspoon salt
13 cup oil
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 14 cups milk

35 mins at 350F
Can't imagine this being to sour with sugar and honey.
Northern Americans like sweet cornbread, southern Americans prefer it a little more sour as they use it to soak up gravy and soups etc according to a couple of web sites I looked at.
Cheers

I didn't cook them. Youngest did . Bloody good.

1538129197_20180928_165411.jpg

1538129198_20180928_155757.jpg

Hey Pa,
Except for the melted butter, that was my recipe.
Sour as mate, and I didnt have anything sweet before tasting.
They say , lovely with honey on top.
Honestly, it tastes like ..... I cannot explain it.
Mackka

Man this is spooky, wife cooked sausage rolls for lunch and the Grand Final feast for tomorrow and we had pork ribs in bbq honey sauce with mash potato for tea tonight.
Leftovers for tea tomorrow so the flavour will be even better! :D

DrDuck said:
800 g reverse sear t-bone with hassleback potato and grilled fennel and asparagus.
Steak was a bit over cooked because I was distracted, but was still very nice.

great looking grub DrDuck, but its RED inside ... that's blood ...haha, I like mine DED (as in dead, cant run off the plate) :skull: :Y:

kemjak57 said:
Not so much cooked as Prepared but Im hoping this goes a little way on brownie points for another trip to The Palmer. MB bugs, tiger prawns and salad with a brown nose garnish :D whats not to like? :Y:

Brown nose garnish

That makes me laugh and will definitately start using that from now on. :Y:

Jaros, reverse sear works best for a thick piece of steak.

CTX, each to their own, I like a charred exterior and a very rare interior. Reverse sear makes it easier to achieve that, but of course you can bring it up to a higher temp before charring if you like the meat well done.

That little grill in the first pic looks the goods!

Latest posts