Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep the old slow combustion cookers are the best :Y:. Makka we did the same in winter and on cold mornings.

Ship of fools said:
DrDuck I always thought Yorkshire pudding was a pastry wrapped around the roast ?
Is this your interpretation or am I wrong?
Matt T

Hey Matt,

That sounds like Beef Wellington, which is a big peice of fillet steak seared, wrapped with mushrooms, spinach and in extravagent versions Foie Gras, in a puff pasty shell.

Yorkshire pudding is a tradional accompanyment to Roast Beef, and was generally served as an entree with gravy, to take the edge of appetites so that the Beef was enough for a hungry family.

Traditionally, it is made in a tin, but I like to use a muffin tray.

Basically, it is a pancake batter with plain flour, milk, eggs and salt, and is cooked in beef dripping in a hot oven,

The secret to making it puffy is to make sure the batter is not too thick, the oven is hot, let the batter rest for at least an hour before cooking, and use a stick mixer to get air into the batter just before pouring into the hot tray.

I have been way from work for almost 4 months for various, negative reasons. I have not been that keen on cooking recently but all the awesome food you guys are posting has lifted my enthusiasm. Thanks. :D

I have just finished 2 arvos and 3 night shifts. A simple dish tonight. A Seafood, Tikki Masala type dish with some brown and wild rice. Barra and Basa fillets with some prawns n calamari Tasty.

1522656463_20180402_174802.jpg

Latest posts