Small Nugget Collection

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Regrettably i need to off load my small collection, most of these are destined for the smelters on friday. Prior to taking them to the gold buyers i thought that i would give the members of this forum the opportunity to purchase anything they like. there are a couple of exceptionally nice nugs among this lot so if you have a genuine desire to purchase any please contact me through PM or email with a realistic offer and i will be happy to provide additional info or photos. Thanks in advance for your interest. SS.

1502170807_2.jpg

1502170775_1.jpg

Given a 1 gram nugget that looks decent can attract a $10-20 premium at auction over what any smelter will offer, it seems a bit nuts to send these to be smelted, at very least the larger ones. Hope a member snaps these up, even if it is just to resell, would seem a waste to just melt the larger ones.

Matt80 said:
Given a 1 gram nugget that looks decent can attract a $10-20 premium at auction over what any smelter will offer, it seems a bit nuts to send these to be smelted, at very least the larger ones. Hope a member snaps these up, even if it is just to resell, would seem a waste to just melt the larger ones.

Thanks for your comment, i appreciate what you are saying, i have no experience or confidence with selling via ebay or other such sites and i feel one bad transaction resulting in a lost or missing nugget would override any loss in value going thru a gold buyer. I do however have a lot more confidence in dealing with the members of this forum, and in saying that i did say most would go, there are a few nugs worth more than their weight and i would obviously retain those if not purchased by members. Cheers, SS.

Being a LEO i am digging that necklace, but won't have funds for a few weeks, likely too late for you i guess.

Sorry to hear of your need....

Have seen small nuggets on ebay sell for $100 per gram
If there is no rush I'd be selling them there.
Very safe, request paypal if need be.

I sold through eBay and didn't like the fees.

I've sold 3 times on here now and all without a hitch.

Probably the only thing I would avoid is selling to a brand new member - would be concerned they've joined up just to con someone out of some hard earned.

I like the fact that either selling or buying on the forum from long term members that there is little chance of being conned. I really enjoy the forum and don't want to do anything 'dodgy' to jeopardize being able to be on here. And I think most long term members would feel the same.

It is a great collection by the way - very impressed :Y:

GypsyGoldAu said:
Being a LEO i am digging that necklace, but won't have funds for a few weeks, likely too late for you i guess.

Sorry to hear of your need....

I purchased it back when i was about 18 in an estate jewellery sale, i,m a sag so the appeal for me was my love of Africa and the king of the continent. I won,t wear it as i already lost a 7g nug on a chain and although my partner is a Leo she didn't want it when i offered it to her. It's too beautiful to sit in a box and not be admired. Unfortunately for you someone else has good taste and has already claimed it, if the transaction falls through you will be next in line, i would gladly hold it for as long as needed.SS.

Reeks said:
Have seen small nuggets on ebay sell for $100 per gram
If there is no rush I'd be selling them there.
Very safe, request paypal if need be.

Thanks for your comment Reeks, i appreciate what you are saying however as stated in a previous post i have a lack of experience and confidence in Ebay. I tend to relate more with Norteast's sentiments, i also think it's not all about the best return. Every nugget has it's own story in it's retrieval and by selling them here to forum members i'm hoping they have an understanding of that and will appreciate the true worth of any nugget they purchase. Regards,SS.

As reeks and l pointed out nuggets can be worth way more than gold value, especially if they look good, but also they go up in value pretty dramatically with size. So one 10g nugget is likely to be worth far more than 10, 1g nuggets.
I really hate selling stuff online myself, if l really have to l generally get my sister to take care of it as she runs an eBay store. So lm wondering if there are any members on here that would be willing to sell these for u(for a small commision lm thinking)? It would likely get you more funds and with most online stores, the more you sell the better your feedback score(well hopefully).

So anyone here that might be able to sell these for SS or do you need the money too soon to be waiting on the sales?

As Matt & Reeks have said,....it is....'possible'....but the seller may not have the time to 'wait'...not every buyer pays over spot, and the difference on anything under a few ounce weight is negligible.

Also, don't be fooled by the eBay listings current....check the 'completed sales' or 'sold sales'....not so many near the $100 per gram.

just sayin.

You have a PM Secret Squirrels

ive brought a couple tonight , very happy with price and have no intention of reselling im sick of hearing SELL IT ON EBAY some people dont mind buying from a more personal place and ffs who gives a rats about huge ebay rip offs, mind you im a long time ebay seller of my left over car parts from my builds where i might buy whole car for hard to get rust repair cuts or better interior and resell what i dont need,i dont try and rip anyone just recoup my money for a fair price where we are both happy ,,, ive seen some cars listed on ebay for two years A9X ,SLR5000 copies and mates say to me they are worth over $50k ,lol no there not they are relisted month after month hoping for a sucker with a lotto win or sold there house and brought another and have a spare $100k in there bank to buy a toy,
sorry for the rant
glad your not greedy secret squirrels

Mackka said:
I was looking at buying, but after all the comments, I must say I got scared. Sorry no deal.
Mackka :(

Macka, i am an honest and loyal person you can have full confidence in any dealings with me. I am from the old school where a handshake is a mans word. SS.

can anyone here tell me how to ad a loop to a nugget for a chain please?

nicko61 said:
ive brought a couple tonight , very happy with price and have no intention of reselling im sick of hearing SELL IT ON EBAY some people dont mind buying from a more personal place and ffs who gives a rats about huge ebay rip offs, mind you im a long time ebay seller of my left over car parts from my builds where i might buy whole car for hard to get rust repair cuts or better interior and resell what i dont need,i dont try and rip anyone just recoup my money for a fair price where we are both happy ,,, ive seen some cars listed on ebay for two years A9X ,SLR5000 copies and mates say to me they are worth over $50k ,lol no there not they are relisted month after month hoping for a sucker with a lotto win or sold there house and brought another and have a spare $100k in there bank to buy a toy,
sorry for the rant
glad your not greedy secret squirrels

your welcome and thanks for the recognition Nick. SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts