A WORD OF WARNING, HIGHBANKING IN NSW IS NOW ILLEGAL.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short story long :D
A few years ago i had an issue with work where they wanted to down size my floor space 1800 square m to 900 square m
I sent then photos after photos of what we were doing and how it was set up and it was always the same answer i didnt need the amount that i had
We went from 300k per year to over 600k
This argument went on for months until the military showed its ugly head and i told them to get off their glass ass chairs and come down from Sydney and see what i was doing and how it was run
A week later not one not two but 6 glass asses turned up to inspect the shop
By the time they left they were asking if i could use a bigger shop
Shit yes i could :lol: :lol:
Moral of this story
why not get some people together and invite them that have the power to come and watch what we do see how we refill the holes dont ruin the rivers then maybe just maybe they will see that its not as bad as they think or have been told
Remember they are only going on what they have been told not what they have seen

Goldfreak said:
Yes its actually possible we can invent things faster than they can word new ligislation. Should not have to resort to this though.
LOL
Now we are talking !

Ok well this has been done before
Find a email address of the one signing off on the paperwork and everyone send a email once a week that should get the message across also include the small towns that will suffer because of this
Keep them clean and to the point then there is no come back on anyone on here
What can it hurt except get them to listen or read MAYBE
JMO

Also worth lobbying your Local Members and the Local Members of the towns you won't be supporting because of this decision. One voice becomes many when spread around.

Cheers, wana bet... This is the Start of Bigger things to Come... Why do you think All Government Departments are slowly Changing their Names, State and Federal....Don't blame me Im only the Messenger... as I keep saying Look at the Big Picture and you will see what I see coming... This Highbanker thing is a very small portion on what is to come...

LW...

Get it into the main stream media. At the moment the only people who even know what is going on are people associated with forums like this. Maybe getting the issue onto one of the current affairs shows might be needed. Show them what a highbanker is and how they work and tell them what the Government is trying to do. .....The louder one yells, the more chance of someone hearing......
Not very often I can say it but sometimes the media can be useful.... 8)

LoneWolf said:
Cheers, wana bet... This is the Start of Bigger things to Come... Why do you think All Government Departments are slowly Changing their Names, State and Federal....Don't blame me Im only the Messenger... as I keep saying Look at the Big Picture and you will see what I see coming... This Highbanker thing is a very small portion on what is to come...

LW...

I agree with you but Australia becoming a republic has nothing to do with it !
That was out of left field !
Cheers

I will ask for us not to fight with our selves.
Your opinion's are very highly regarded and Thank You.
Focus your anger at the situation.
Not with each outher.

Tath is quite right guy's now is the time for unity. :Y: Time to be tolerant of others opinions and open to new ideas. The best way we can help is by supporting NAPFA . :Y:

Totally agree that if we can get media and politicians in the feild seeing how highbankers work, preferably in an area largely supported by tourist fossicking that it may show things in a better light. Unfortunately a lot of decisions made about the country and land management are made by or because of people that have grown up in cities that have zero idea about the land, rivers, environment ECT. As a personal gripe on that line, just look at the vegetation clearing laws here in Qld, it makes zero sense because the people making the decisions have no idea about what they are in charge of managing.
Lobbying via email and having prospecting groups try to convince the relevant departments to reconsider may help, but honestly they will try to write us off as a small group within a large community. If we want to have a decent shot at winning here then it seems we would have to do what politicians and small unions do, we need to get support from similar groups, even if some of us don't like some of them. Shooters, 4x4 enthusiasts, fishers and any groups that want to enjoy a reasonable amount of freedom to enjoy the outdoors that have been slowly getting more and more restrictions placed on them. We may not always want what they want, but if we want to be heard then we need the biggest voice possible and if we can form a coalition of sorts with all of these sorts of groups and be willing to fight for their causes as well then we may win, but it still won't be easy unless the people making these decisions start worrying about their jobs.

They will have to arrest Lilly as well because she says she loves it and won't stop

Please tell me this shouldn't be stopped
I suppose she could stay home and play X Box get fat and be a burden on the health system

1502237620_fb_img_1497389442152.jpg

1502237620_lilly_gold.jpg

A few of you know me as Pawnys girl. My daughter loves her sluice that Andrewmac64 made her. I tried to explain to my 4 year old we won't be able to use her sluice, the disappointment on her face was heart breaking what a joke!

reefer said:
My view Jemba is, yes of course draft a letter of protest strongly worded to reflect the disgust of the general population who these laws adversely affect. But I also believe that its time for action over this draconian law. A WHOLESALE 'HIGHBANKER' PROTEST. whereby we all meet at a given time and place. They will be aware of it because we know they monitor this site, like the dirty grubs they are. WE ALL TURN UP AND AND START HIGHBANKING.We invite the media. We canvas those politicians who might stand by us. Most importantly we make a stand.We set up a 'Stockade' behind which we stand with our highbankers, not necessarily running but at hand ready to show the media and through them, demonstrate what these contraptions do. demonstrate how little environmental impact is created. Most importantly we defy them.
If we don't and we're content to sit on our arses and write letters of humble and condescending obedience then we stand for nothing and the spirit of our forefathers ceases to flow in our veins.

Count me and the digger and our highbanker in on this one .
I am pretty sure I can get a non forum member who just purchased a sluicey high banker and pump to join in as well.

Will be joining NAPFA as well

Hey Andrewmac64... That is SOOO Cute.. :Y: . And im NOT talking about your Avatar...... Trader 7.62... How can you support QLD and go for MANLY... :rolleyes:

LW....

have they said what $$ amount fines will be? and what about people who have no idea about the new law because not all prospectors are online seems a bit tuff to fine someone who has no idea, maybe they should spend some money on signs at every river in nsw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts