A WORD OF WARNING, HIGHBANKING IN NSW IS NOW ILLEGAL.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the pencil necked pinheads win again. I almost feel like having a political rant myself but.... not wanting to have to ban myself for several days.... I won't.

What a kick in the guts for small time hobbyists, while the big guys destroy and pillage the land the smallest guy gets stepped on again.

Dunno what to say guys, but this really stinks...... :(

In 2010 they included the words, " Mechanical Processing " in.
There was no consultation to any one.
That got screwed around to include water pumps.
High Banking was a " Grey " Area and we were working to
have pumps included to allow High Banking.
12 Months of work had gone into the Documents on our Web Site.
All was good. We were told that things were progressing.
The reference to 2016 is the latest updated review.
They did nothing then.
The only way we found out what they were up to was someone forwarded
the Planned Activities to us.
In reality, It has all been used against us.
We nor any one else were advised about this new
program to actually classify a Banker a Mechanical
piece of equipment because it has a water pump
" Attached " to it.
Then go out and suddenly start fining people.
A slap in the face as if to say.
I put those two post's up in such a way that no one would
miss them.
Stay tuned as we are working on this issue.
Doug

MikeB05 said:
It seems a couple of threads are happening on this subject .

In post 2 (above) Eric 2017 asked if this matter came out of the blue. Tathradj said 'yep'.

I totally disagree with government edict..... but did it really come out of the blue...the regulation quoted is Mining Regulation 2016.

Given it's August 2017, this regulation is at least 8 months old. Maybe the fact that the government want to enforce it and NAPFA know and are telling its members makes it a new issue. ( No we would not even entertain that line of thinking )

I hope NAPFA and all prospectors and fossickers in NSW can get this matter turned around. It's a stupid decision.

Governments in all states should be looking at ways to encourage prospecting related tourism....here in QLD (where banking using a pump is also illegal), an area like Clermont would lose a ton of economic activity if fossicking was to cease.

Good luck NSW :Y:

Doug what they did and the way they went about it really gets under my skin. So again i call for guy's who do not belong to NAPFA to join weather you use a banker or not rally with us please we do need your help. When NAPFA started the stick they wielded was only small but with each new member that stick gets a little longer and thicker. :Y:

Tath said ~ In 2010 they included the words, " Mechanical Processing " in.
That word mechanical has bugged me for years because it can be defined so many ways .

Just the use of a shovel can be classed as mechanical processing !
That wording is not only pathetic & lazy but also so nebulous .

:N:

Illegal in NSW
1502195574_images-15.jpg

I am a Fossicker, I do Not use a Highbanker for My Fossicking, These Clowns Think I Do.. :lol: But This is only the Tip of the Iceberg so to Speak.. They have Back-doored
NAPFA on This and Will back-door Other Activities and Organisations Soon Enough.. Fishing, 4x4 Driving, Shooting, Camping Just about every outdoor activity is in their Sights and Will soon be lost if We, the People Don't start to wake-up and Show the powers to be that We won't stand for this...
Big Things are Planned For this Country and if We don't stand up Now it Will be too late... Just like Manufacturing, The Car Industry, you name it, It Will be affected...By joining NAPFA That Will Help but I feel that the Bigger Picture is Being Ignored... Imagine Your Kids explaining to their Kids what Gold Prospecting and Fossicking, Camping, Fishing 4x4 Driving ect Was.... That is the Road I feel we are Sadly Taking in this Great Country of Ours...

IF you think this is Bad... Wait For the Republic to start taking Momentum... Then We are Screwed... Unless we get this Right NOW...

LW....

LoneWolf said:
I am a Fossicker, I do Not use a Highbanker for My Fossicking, These Clowns Think I Do.. :lol: But This is only the Tip of the Iceberg so to Speak.. They have Back-doored
NAPFA on This and Will back-door Other Activities and Organisations Soon Enough.. Fishing, 4x4 Driving, Shooting, Camping Just about every outdoor activity is in their Sights and Will soon be lost if We, the People Don't start to wake-up and Show the powers to be that We won't stand for this...
Big Things are Planned For this Country and if We don't stand up Now it Will be too late... Just like Manufacturing, The Car Industry, you name it, It Will be affected...By joining NAPFA That Will Help but I feel that the Bigger Picture is Being Ignored... Imagine Your Kids explaining to their Kids what Gold Prospecting and Fossicking, Camping, Fishing 4x4 Driving ect Was.... That is the Road I feel we are Sadly Taking in this Great Country of Ours...

IF you think this is Bad... Wait For the Republic to start taking Momentum... Then We are Screwed... Unless we get this Right NOW...

LW....

Let's not bring things into this that have nothing or will have nothing to do with what's going on ATM . Republic has absolutely nothing to do with this !

There is a way to fight this
There is over 10k people on here i am sure there is a legal or ex legal person on here that can offer some advise even if its only by sending a PM to a mod or if it makes them more comfortable to me
I like the Mods will not mention any names
So instead of having a internal meltdown lets all put our heads together and get the fight right from the start
As i have said an army is only as good as its soldiers have one bad one and you be beaten then its to late

Hey Tathradj, I note in your post earlier that you said "water pump attached". What if the spray bar was stand alone, positioned above the bankers hopper? Just a thought...
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.