You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

cheers
08 August 2017 03:39 pm

LoneWolf wrote:
cheers wrote:

Well I know that my mates and I will not comply !
When I said they can get stuffed I MEAN THEY CAN GET STUFFED !
I and I'm sure my mates will join NAPFA !
As I said l'm new to this game .
How about we all go to the NSW Parliament House with our sluicing gear and protest !
Get the media involved.
Especially the country media !
I joined a prospecting club this year and they won't be happy !
As I said before " WHO THE BLOODY HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE "

WAKE-UP PROSPECTORS AND FOSSICKERS....(bit harsh, I know)

They are Not listening to NAPFA.(and probably never Will).. With or With-out 10,000 Members, even 100,000 Members.... Why Not March on them... Best Form of Protest.. Gets 'OUR' Message out there... Media Coverage would be Fantastic .. At least they can't throw 10,000 People in the bin..

But they Can and Will Throw 10,000 'Letters' in the Bin...

LW...

As l have said before I'm new to this game .
I have read NAPFA's 1st and 2nd reports that have been sent to the mining department and they are very informative . You could not do better reports than what you guys have done . The Liberal National Party are not listening ! They don't give a stuff. We are not the big donors to them as what the big mining companies are. IT'S TIME FOR ACTION ! A big protest is on the cards . It's time to get the media on side and the country media will be important .
I was talking to my mate today and he is extremely angry and devastated. He works his arse off and this is his hobby that the LNP are about to take away from him . I will keep high banking as in my book the LNP can get stuffed !

2 users like this post: Eldorado, Matt80

cheers
08 August 2017 04:34 pm

LoneWolf wrote:

I have been in the Construction Industry for over 40yrs... I have been on EBA Negotiation Committees for 20 of those 40yrs And a Safety Officer on Some of the Biggest Sites in Australia, and have Dealt with some of the Toughest Pollies and Builders in the Country.. Most of the time writing Letters does Jack Shite... Sometimes you HAVE to take your Fight to the Streets and Prove your Point... Make people Aware of your Plight...Media is one of the Best forms that We used and works very Well... You would be Surprised at How Many members of the Public joined our Marches once they Realised that WE were Marching for their Rights as well...

Now before Every-one jumps down my throat about Unions this and Unions That... Unions Got us Decent Pay and Conditions and MADE Sure Most of us Workers arrived Home Safely Every Day. After all, Construction Sites are one of the most Dangerous work Environments around... Yes Sometimes They can be a bit Overboard, Look at what is happening in Brisbane at the Moment with the Busses.. But they ARE getting their Point Across... and their Dispute is NOT only about Pay..

Why Not Protest about OUR issues... Can Some-one give me ONE Good reason why we shouldn't Protest.. cool
If done Correctly THIS WILL WORK.... angel

LW...

I have been in a Union all my working life and I won't be jumping down your throat as I know what you have just posted is 100% correct !

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, Matt80

Jemba
08 August 2017 05:27 pm

Top idea LoneWolf i will support that. Mate why not put a plan tougher and post to see how much interest can be mustered. I know this is an open web site for all to view but hey were prospectors men who will stand for what they believe in . This will let the powers to be know we will toe the line and not just roll over and take it up the blurter. And if all comes to zit well as a man you can say i stood for my right's an sleep at night. thumbsup

Last edited by Jemba (08 August 2017 05:28 pm)

When Injustice Becomes Law Resistance Becomes Duty.

2 users like this post: Eldorado, LoneWolf

shivan
08 August 2017 05:41 pm

What has changed since 2010?
When i first started this hobby, there was uncertainty on the wording of the rules. People were asked to band together to get something done about it. But beside a few individuals here and there looking into things, not much was done.

The closest i ever saw was the 2012 Goanna gold muster when NAPFA got formed. But still they seemed to get very little assistance from the prospecting community overall.

I have had my own conversations with the DPI in the past on the wording and interpretations. Their idea was that if the pump was connected to the highbanker it somehow magically became part of the pump (which is the only thing in question). At the time the head of the DPI conceded that the only thing a water pump processes is water and the sluice processes the paydirt and so there was no processing done by mechanical means, but their stance was it was still illegal?
Unless the wording of the rules has changed i still fail to see how they can prosecute anyone using a highbanker within the NSW fossicking guidelines, unless they are breaking other rules like digging more than 1M^3 in a 48 hr period, silting up the creek/river or not filling in holes.

As for metal detectors they are specifically named under "techniques can be used fossicking"

What techniques can be used for fossicking?
Fossicking on land or waters that may be subject to native title is restricted by the terms of the Native
Title Act 1993 (Commonwealth). Land subject to native title can be taken to be any land other than
freehold land, land held under perpetual Western Lands leases and some specific leasehold and
reserved lands.
Fossicking can be done on land or waters subject to native title using hand held implements, which
include picks, shovels, hammers, sieves, shakers and gold pans. However, regardless of the
implements used, no excavation is permitted.
On land or waters that are not subject to native title, fossicking is not restricted to hand held
implements, but power-operated equipment cannot be used for the purpose of surface disturbance,
excavation or processing.
Metal detectors can be used in fossicking activities on any land where fossicking is permitted

Last edited by shivan (08 August 2017 05:42 pm)

Minelab GP Extreme 11" & 18" DD, 2 highbankers, EZ river sluice and a growing collection of sieves and pans

LoneWolf
08 August 2017 06:30 pm

Idea... Why Can't NAPFA organise a Protest... After All It is Their Submissions that are NOT being Heard.... And of course WE ALL WOULD ATTEND and Attend in Large Numbers... would be good to hear NAPFA's thoughts on this... Stephen?
Thanks cheers.. thumbsup

LW...

Last edited by LoneWolf (08 August 2017 06:56 pm)

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

1 user likes this post: LC76

LoneWolf
08 August 2017 06:34 pm

Jemba wrote:

Top idea LoneWolf i will support that. Mate why not put a plan tougher and post to see how much interest can be mustered. I know this is an open web site for all to view but hey were prospectors men who will stand for what they believe in . This will let the powers to be know we will toe the line and not just roll over and take it up the blurter. And if all comes to zit well as a man you can say i stood for my right's an sleep at night. thumbsup

We NEED NAPFA Involved in this... Or it Won't Work.... And I feel that the Use of Highbankers IS NOT THE ONLY ISSUE HERE.. Bankers are only PART of the Big Picture.. or Their Plan (sorry Mods for double post) angel

LW...

Last edited by LoneWolf (08 August 2017 06:39 pm)

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

2 users like this post: LC76, Jemba

Teemore
08 August 2017 06:56 pm

shivan wrote:

beside a few individuals here and there looking into things, not much was done.

And then there are some individuals you wish wouldn't get involved ...... Quote...

"Want gold? Go find it anyway you can and don't tell anyone.
The crybabies that play by the rules determined by the nerds are generally found in Vic and to a lesser degree in NSW.
These whingers make me sick."

With friends like that who needs enemies.

Good luck NSW.

Last edited by Teemore (08 August 2017 06:56 pm)

If you don't stand for something ..... You'll fall for anything !!
To be old and wise you must first be young and foolish.

2 users like this post: LC76, Tathradj

LoneWolf
08 August 2017 07:06 pm

And Good Luck in YOUR Fight Victoria..... tongue Time To Band together My Brothers and Sisters and Show BOTH States we won't take it Lying Down... Or go at Alone And See How Far you Get...

Mods, can the Two separate Topics be combined on one thread... Would make things a lot easier...

LW...

Last edited by LoneWolf (08 August 2017 07:20 pm)

1 user likes this post: Jemba

Jemba
08 August 2017 07:24 pm

LoneWolf wrote:
Jemba wrote:

We NEED NAPFA Involved in this... Or it Won't Work.... And I feel that the Use of Highbankers IS NOT THE ONLY ISSUE HERE.. Bankers are only PART of the Big Picture.. or Their Plan (sorry Mods for double post) angel

LW...

Spot on mate and your quite right. See what will happen after they finish with the bankers.
thumbsup

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

LoneWolf
08 August 2017 07:30 pm

The Wolf has some very good Ideas but I feel by having 2 Different Threads on the Same subject, some Thoughts are not Reaching Some... hmm

LW....

Jemba
08 August 2017 07:36 pm

True mate true. thumbsup

MikeB05
08 August 2017 08:03 pm

As an owner operator of a highbanker, I share the dismay of members about the edict from NSW authorities...but I need to ask the obvious question..

.is this really a new issue as the edict in post one above mentions Mining Regulation 2016.

It seems then that whenever this regulation was implemented in 2016, highbanking became illegal and was possibly illegal before that time (who knows???).

We have a similar situation in QLD where those of us with bankers still argue ad nauseum about the legality or not of using bankers.

At least in NSW you have an organisation NAPFA who could mobilise a collective response to this edict...in Qld we are not that organised!!

Best wishes to the effort in NSW to try and get this edict quashed and get something with more sense smile

MikeB05
Most of the gold I have found so far, comes from learning from others. SDC2300, Gold Monster 1000, Gold Rat River Sluice, Angus McKirk sluices,

iamagoldenoldie2
08 August 2017 09:00 pm

G'day All
the following is the exact extract copied and pasted from the NSW Planning Environment Resources and Energy site,

The NSW Resources Regulator, within the NSW Department of Planning and Environment, is responsible for compliance and enforcement functions across the mining and resources sectors.

This includes working with industry, community, local councils and other state government agencies to provide a consistent and responsive regulatory approach to ensure compliance with the legislation. This legislation includes the Mining Act 1992 (Mining Act), Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) and the Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Act 2013 (WHS (M&PS) Act), and other relevant legislation and associated regulations.

This report provides a summary of the activities of the NSW Resources Regulator for May 2017.

Illegal fossicking
Recreational fossickers utilising a device known as a ‘highbanker’ to enhance their fossicking capabilities to search for scheduled minerals has been identified as an emerging issue. The use of a highbanker, which is a petrol or electric powered device, in fossicking, is prohibited by the Mining Regulation 2016. These products are being commercially produced by multiple manufacturers to meet market demand. This unlawful activity results in a number of environmental issues. A compliance campaign with be carried out focusing on suppliers and end users of the equipment. Sector: Fossickers Period: September – November 2017Compliance activities calendar July – December 2017
Compliance priorities Sector.

AND this is the mining regulation extract :

MINING REGULATION 2016 - REG 12
Fossicking
12 Fossicking
(Former clause 12 of 2010 Reg)

(c) the use of power-operated equipment for the purpose of surface disturbance, excavation or processing on any land,
and this is the definition

"power-operated equipment" means any equipment powered by mechanical or electrical means. includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and electrical equipment or machinery.

the interpretation of what constitutes " power operated equipment" is the key element , in particular the word , "processing"
In my opinion and understanding of written english, my home made high banker is not a commercially made product, the argument lies with the Regulators interpretation which in my opinion is incorrect and they are using the current regulation for their own advantage without considering the rules of natural justice which I believe applies to the benefit of the general community, NAPFA were engaged in the discussion however they were simply ignored so how is that community consultation without justifying and arguing against any submission made , NAPFA need you now, just as much as you need them, and fossicking is still a lawful activity
lets have some healthy discussion on the interpretation any one know a legal eagle who may assist, my views are base on past court experience and , boy, I heard some crap debated in the legs arena and never want to be cross examined
no anarchy , let the knowledge flow

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, Jemba

aussiefarmer
08 August 2017 09:09 pm

Are the people in the department of planning and environment elected ? or given their positions by the government of the day ? Or are they people that have worked their way up the ladder to hold these positions?

if they are elected or allocated their positions, the communites that depend on the tourist dollar should be able to lobby a higher polictal figure that the department is operating with alternative motives and is destroying the last form of income for these historic and struggling towns.
The financial implications that could finish these historic towns will have will have more swing in the media and parliment than 10,000 people crying that their hobby has been affected.

ifthe people are in these poisitions perminently , they are never going to stop as they have spent their lives working to get into these positions of power to see their "save the planet" dreams come true , its the same as lawyers from criminal families have worked their way into power and the immigration department is full of "soft hearted" open the gates type people .

These days the only way to win is to get like minded people into power and not people that have read about it in books.

Basically i believe if we dont get the communites that are going to suffer financially to fight along side us the people in power will just see that our hobby is only being restricted , and we can still pan or river sluice therefore meaning they have helped the environment in their minds without destroying our hobby.

Wish in one hand and poo in the other , See which one fills up first !

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, Jemba

Tathradj
08 August 2017 09:32 pm

Aussie we are contacting Towns like that and are going to go further. big_smile big_smile

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

4 users like this post: LoneWolf, Jemba, aussiefarmer, Billy

LoneWolf
08 August 2017 09:38 pm

But MikeB05, NAPFA and NSW Will need everyone's Help on this.. This Will affect ALL of us... By Doing something about this in NSW, may prevent the Same from Happening in Other States As Well... And look at the Big Issue... It's not just about Bankers....That is only the First bit of it... There WILL be more....

aussiefarmer this is where part of the fight has to start... With the Towns that this Will hurt the Most.... thumbsup

LW... Dam your quick Tathradj...

Last edited by LoneWolf (08 August 2017 09:40 pm)

2 users like this post: Tathradj, Jemba

Jemba
08 August 2017 09:46 pm

Again i call for guy's who do not belong to NAPFA to join weather you use a banker or not rally with us please we do need your help. When NAPFA started the stick they wielded was only small but with each new member that stick gets a little longer and thicker.
thumbsup

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, LoneWolf, iamagoldenoldie2

7.62marksman

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Jemba
09 August 2017 10:08 am

Guys as these post crow in size please remember now is the time to be tolerant of others opinions and open to new ideas. The best way we can help is by supporting NAPFA. Together WE STAND. thumbsup

GaryO
09 August 2017 11:28 am

Can NAPFA please make it easier to join ... most people arent going to bother printing out forms and sending them in.
An instant online or over the phone method is essential to getting members .. at the moment especially, members are needed like never before.

Last edited by GaryO (09 August 2017 11:33 am)

Current arsenal - Minelab Sovereign xs-2 Pro, Minelab Sterling , Fisher Goldbug2 , Minelab GPX 4500 , Homemade Banker +Yamaha pump.

5 users like this post: LC76, Jemba, LoneWolf, vic, Matt80

GaryO
09 August 2017 11:37 am

I will be honest and say ive wanted to join for years now but this ancient payment system has always got the better of me and ive given up sad
I will join today given the latest developments BUT PLEASE as a major priority look into online instant payment .. we do it here so surely its not difficult to set up ?
Gaz

Current arsenal - Minelab Sovereign xs-2 Pro, Minelab Sterling , Fisher Goldbug2 , Minelab GPX 4500 , Homemade Banker +Yamaha pump.

Eldorado
09 August 2017 11:57 am

https://form.jotform.co/napfa/nsw-amp-a … nd-fossick
GaryO,just fill out the form in this link,submit it and go to a Westpac branch to put the $25 into NAPFA's account.Don't forget to tick the box at the bottom to show which way you are paying and put your name with the payment as a reference.

3 users like this post: GaryO, Jemba, LoneWolf

GaryO
09 August 2017 01:00 pm

Ive done it Eldorado , via scanning it etc .. but most people dont have time to go to banks or are not savvy when it comes to online banking , so they just wont get around to joining.

But thanks , i didnt find that option on their website when i looked. , at least you can submit the form quickly that way thumbsup

Last edited by GaryO (09 August 2017 01:03 pm)

3 users like this post: Tathradj, LoneWolf, Eldorado

Jemba
09 August 2017 01:02 pm

Thanks Eldy. thumbsup

Way2go
09 August 2017 04:02 pm

Hi All,

I think many of you are jumping the gun, so to speak.

I am all for the small guy and the prospecting clubs; however, I have seen too many videos on YouTube showing prospectors (here in NSW) using high bankers and not respecting the environment, digging large hole and not remediating the area. If it was not for these people I believe we would stand a better chance of keeping them in service.

If joining NAPFA makes you feel good, then join. Groups like this with passionate members can help organise gatherings, submissions to the relevant authority and in some cases make deals with local land owners to allow prospecting. They also do a good job keeping us novices informed of legislation changes etc.

If you have a problem or are presented a problem, instead of complaining about the problem, identify a couple of positive solutions or actions to these problems and propose them. This will make prospectors look responsible and give the authorities/government some possible solutions to the existing problem.

An Example 1 would be:

Issue - High Bankers are causing environmental damage due to the silt coming from the washing action.

Solution 1 - Use a reticulation system and not discharge the was into the creek, stream, river or other water course.
Solution 2 - have all water used in a high banker pass through an approved silt filter / filter system before being released into the creek, stream, river or water course.

I know this message will upset a few. More than likely those of you who have been doing the wrong thing will be the ones who disagree with my comments.

food for thought.

4 users like this post: mbasko, LoneWolf, 7.62marksman, jimnyjerry

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site