2cent no dates names etc????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again has anyone got any idea how why this would occur?
1502035396_1502035368133-2014034189.jpg

:eek: ... now that's a very interesting piece the like of which i've never seen.

Best way to get an answer on ANY coin issues is to send your pic & a request to the RAM (Royal Australian Mint) in Canberra;

https://www.ramint.gov.au/

They can usually determine if it was achieved during the minting process, or post process damage/alteration. :Y: :D

Cheers

Looks like the die cracked, out from the queens mouth, then something from the die got stuck and took the brunt of the force, causing those 5 deep rectangular gashes ,.... maybe that was enough to make the wording and date very superficial or not there at all.
A nice close-up through a Jewelers loupe of the unworded and undated area would be great to see, as my imagination is producing some letters there, but that may just be due to photo quality and eyesight on my behalf.
Don't sell it just yet would be my advice, no matter what the offer is. 8)
:Y: :rainbow: :Y:

I am getting no answers from any mints about this coin .waste of time asking them anything?

This is potentially a rare mint error coin which could be valuable. I'd be tracking down a coin collector and getting it valued. Coin collectors go ape over stuff like this, relative to the actual cause of defect and rarity. Good luck and let us know how you go