1946 half penny error

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1501970714_dsc_0116.jpg
1501970820_dsc_0117.jpg
1501971036_dsc_0117.jpg
hello all I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on this I just found ?

Hello,...i'd love to help, but would require better quality pictures as i can't make out barely any details.

I can't tell if it's a genuine piece or a recent Chinese attempt....

Cheers

Mate, your first pic is great. That's the obverse of a 1946 half penny. Great year that, my year. But you need to get some pics of the front so we can read them. From my old knowledge of Aussie coins, the 1946 halfpenny had no special significance, so we would need to see more to be able to offer some advice.

Hard to tell if it's a mint mark of the planchet, or if done later just for laffs...i'm thinking post mint myself.

Im thinking there is another struck very fine engravi gs maybe and on this from mint becse also there is no drill bit to even get it round

I found it next well very near my other post i put up its cool and the ground was very hard

Could someone have been going to make a ring out of it?Looks like they might have been trying to cut the middle out of it by placing a piece of metal pipe on the coin and belting it with a hammer.

Latest posts