Love detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all my names Deano and I love detecting everywhere I go...I live in north east Victoria and mainly bush hunt for relics... I've known the Buckland ,bright , wandi, harietville area all my life and also spent countless hours driving around Beechworth-tack tracks! I'm 40 and have been detecting for around 10 years.When I left school I went to work on the summer crew firefighting and a couple of older hands used to bottle dig and get me to sweat on the shovel....still remember the first goldfield black I dug, gee I thought we were millionaires....anyhow never fully got the bottle digging bug....so bought an ace 250 ....earliest coin 1797 cartwheel...all the usual Chinese coins...snake and cricket buckles....American eagle buckles and lots of hours of bush bashing...biggest walk was into Louisville (x2) once via boiler plane the other time went down the morning star spur (8 hours in ). I love looking at this site and the random things dug and also the knowlage shared...cheers

Nice to meet you Roy and jaros.....are you a gold hunter Roy ? What's the stone/ quartz looking thing your holding?

Dogs always handy to have to to jaros ...used to have a cracker but my wife chose the last dog (fluffy family pet)that came from a rescue place (about one year old)and try as I might every time ive taken it out bush it takes off after the sent of some wallaby or deer...it's great around the house but boy I miss my old dog Taz

Furphy said:
Nice to meet you Roy and jaros.....are you a gold hunter Roy ? What's the stone/ quartz looking thing your holding?

I like both treasure / history and gold and what I am holding is a small bone knife I found some years ago
Roy

Yeah I love research...mainly use trove...never seen a bone knife like that! Nice Hawkeye

1501752032_img_0934.jpg

...cheers :Y:

Ha ha yeah nice drop...thanks mickybees for the welcome...you hunt gold or relics or rocks?

Furphy said:
Ha ha yeah nice drop...thanks mickybees for the welcome...you hunt gold or relics or rocks?
I couldn't help myself mate I was just about to open my furphy when I noticed your name lol welcome...I hunt the gold but I always have my eye out for relics .. All the best on your hunts cheers

Great timing could be a sign, golds good to look ,for but I've only ever done alluvial stuff...it's always good to head to the creek I've got a Mac sluice and bazzoka but usually just carry a pan when detecting..all alluvial here but I've been relic detecting with a guy who found nuggets on dredged ground that must have gone "overboard"..I've only found lots of flakes..cheers

Latest posts