I Found a.. Roman soldier.....and his elephant

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, well when I first found him I thought it was a little bit of junk, but after a bit of a clean up, he is Lead, and looks like maybe a Roman warrior, don't know.
His Elephant was not far away, its just something interesting.

Thomas

1501656924_p1000282.jpg

I don't know if they are a pair looking at the condition,but a very nice find either way :Y:

Thank Guys,

What I want to know is.... Why was my post changed ? Was I rude to someone ?
Are the Moderators on this forum also our teachers ?
I said the lead figure looked like Jesus before a cleanup....am I not allowed to say Jesus ?
I said the elephant was junk...is that unacceptable.

I am 70 years old I do not need to have my mails "Corrected". If I have done something wrong then tell me, like a man.
If thats the way it is then tell me, and if it is, then Im outa here.

Thomas

ThomasG said:
Thank Guys,

What I want to know is.... Why was my post changed ? Was I rude to someone ?
Are the Moderators on this forum also our teachers ?
I said the lead figure looked like Jesus before a cleanup....am I not allowed to say Jesus ?
I said the elephant was junk...is that unacceptable.

I am 70 years old I do not need to have my mails "Corrected". If I have done something wrong then tell me, like a man.
If thats the way it is then tell me, and if it is, then Im outa here.

Thomas

I for one am sorry that you have been insulted :| I had my whole post removed with no explanation last week :rolleyes:

"Good luck" for the future,and for the record I took absolutely no offence to your remark about Jesus :Y:

Welcome to Prospecting Australia :party:

ThomasG said:
Oh Wow, thank you John, that's fantastic.

Cheers....Thomas

My Pleasure Thomas, glad I could help, I have found about 4 or 5 toy soldiers in the past and they are always a good sign of family life where there might be other things to find,

Keep up the good work, and thanks for posting them.

John.

rocketaroo said:
Vocal minority tend to get their way, more often than they are due.

That is probably the reason why they are here,to hear their own voice :rolleyes:

Just give them some oil to stop the squeak and move on,if only it was that easy 8)

Why why why do we continue to panda,I know -

If you want to know who controls you,look at who you are not allowed to criticise - Voltaire.

casper said:
The lead toy soldier appears to me to be standing with a Norman kite shield held close to his body and his free hand is holding an axe.

casper

Yep the medieval times were very dark period that lasted for 1000 years, In the past few years they have been searching another area because they now think that the battle of Hastings happened a couple of miles away from where they thought,,

Nice find Thomas, good to see your out there swinging at 70 mate. Also good to see your not frightened of backing yourself in ;) . this site is sometimes a little like detecting mate, ya gotta put up with the pain to get the gain, so persevere my friend. SS.

Thank you all for the replies. I have not been able to get out much, I have a few things I may put up. Its the weather....absolutely atrocious in my neck of the woods. I went out the other day between storms but the water been blown back off the oval sent me scurrying back to the warm lounge.

ThomasG

Latest posts