2nd hunt using MXT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found a whole bunch of clad and this 1900? military button under a clothesline. Stoked given its only my second hunt.

1501593463_20170801_230155.jpg

1501593516_20170801_230137.jpg

Congrats, that's a nice one, have you found out anything about it yet ?. keep up the good work.

J.

Looks old, you can just imagine the day it got there too ,........ Everyone sitting around the kitchen table having a cuppa, when someone says "I'm glad we washed grandads old clobber from the Boer War ! With a reply of Yeah, he would have wanted us to keep em good and pass them down the generations over time for him, its our turn at the moment to be the ones to do it ,... one day it'll be one of the grandkids doing the same as us when it's their turn to be the custodians of it all. But outside there's a bit of fun that must be happening, they can hear the dog playing and growling like he's having a great lark with something ,... but it's gradually getting to sound a bit more serious (alarmingly so), so someone gets up and sticks their head out the window for a bit of a gecko, only to see Woofer the Boxer Dog hanging from Grandads Jacket Sleeve having the greatest of times just shaking his gead back and forth growling and shredding the old Army Gear ,.... with cries of "Oh N O, and get the mongrel off there" commin from the house. And everyone running outside to save the day and shoo the dog off and away ,.... only to see half a sleeve just gone altogether.
Ain't no one gunna even think of the button :lol:

I recon that's one way a button like that could get under a clothes line, hey ! :D

Tubsy said:
http://www.ausbuttonhistory.com/?page_id=196

Would have been made around 1900, by Charles Anderson and Co. Ltd , Sydney, for the military.

The face looks rusty- tried soaking in olive oil for a few days but could get the brown stuff off. Back of it looks brass. Anyone know how to clean this stuff?

I spray them with that Cilit bang kitchen and bathroom spray but don't leave it on it for too long, Lemon juice will soften it up too or Vinegar,

John.

Latest posts