Experienced help needed privately owned or state land qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all ive been trolling the forum but cant seem to find what im looking for. Im wondering how to tell if a parcel of land is privately own or state land. Ive also googled the topic looking for a web page to do the job for me but came up empty handed.

There are a few historical mines from me but as they are a little west where the properties are quite large there arent much in the way of fences so determining if you are on private land or state land is a bit of an issue and i dont want to be found on someones land without permision. The spot im looking at on qld globe has no homestead on the lot so even knowing which house to approach to ask permision is a bit of a guess.

Thanx Tyrion

Thanx mate that looks like what im after will download tomorrow on the laptop and have a look
Thanx again

On Qld globe there should be a check box that shows land tenure. Sorry l haven't used it for awhile so l can't tell u exactly, but you click the box and it colours the map to show the different types of land ownership. You still end up with the issue of not knowing if you can prospect in a lot of areas though because of the amount of different types of state land, reserved land, state controlled land, different departments controlled land, state forestry and some stuff that really doesn't ever seem to be explained anywhere.

Ok ive only looked at qld globe on the phone so will have a look at it on the pc there may be some other options. At least i may get some kind of idea. Thanx again for the help guys.

Just download the Google Earth Kmz file and then open it in GE and click on any of the rural Property to see details if you have trouble with that then I will convert it for you tomorrow and give you a link.

Regards

Detrack said:
Just download the Google Earth Kmz file and then open it in GE and click on any of the rural Property to see details if you have trouble with that then I will convert it for you tomorrow and give you a link.

Regards

Where from mate??
cheers
Lee

tyrion said:
The spot im looking at on qld globe has no homestead on the lot so even knowing which house to approach to ask permision is a bit of a guess.

Thanx Tyrion

Maybe try approaching the nearest house where you plan to prospect, in country areas almost everyone knows everyone, or at the very least who owns what patch of grass. People at the nearest house would most likely be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanx guys, ive approached a few properties since this post, and have gained access and information regarding other areas aswell.