Off Road Navigator/ Reversing Camera

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I ran into a fellow prospector in the bush yesterday. I was out exploring forestry tracks and was in a remote location. When I stopped and talked to this guy, I noticed the impressive navigator that he on the dash of his patrol. A large screen with all the local tracks marked (and named). I was very impressed. A good unit like that would be a real asset. It got me thinking. So here's the questions:

What do you guys use in your 4x4? (After market)

What would you recommend?

And do any of you have a reversing unit attached or linked to the vehicle? (My ute has poor visibility due to a canopy and is a pain to reverse in tight spots in the bush)

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Les

iPad,with hema explorer..or just a good phone with hema..When your in your car the big screen of the iPad is great and walking around phone with hema in your top pocket..both units must have built in GPS..Cheers

Have tried most, Hema, Ozi etc and have settled on memory map.
The blue lines are gullies.

1501390299_one.jpg

I use a Garmin Montana - I use it on my 4x4, also have brackets on my bush and road bikes as well as use it as a hand held walkin/detecting the bush. The mates got a hema and he hates it now that he's seen the montana!

I make my own .kml files from google earth and it is absolutely great. As well as taking a waypoint while out detecting, it can take a photos as well! Well worth a look at :)

Sorry, but it doesn't have a reversing camera and that was one of your requirements. So an after market entertainment/GPS system that has a reversing camera would be the go then . . . . you didnt get the name of the System in the patrol did you?

Keep the thoughts coming guys. We are about to have a wet week so it could be a good time to stay inside and do some serious research on your units. You crack me up OP. I have already tried your method and it does work.

Cheers

Les