Tassie Tiger in QLD?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very interesting, read something in that angkor to zillmanton book about some early sightings by white explorers who killed something very much like a thylacine but the local aboriginals said it was not real good to eat and gave it too there old women. Have not read that book for some time though. Might have been mulligan or palmerston ????

I know someone who accidentally shot one in Northern Tasmania in the sixties.
They thought it was a wild dog but when they got to it, they freaked out and buried it.

When we were at Kakadu in 2010 I took photos of rock shelter artwork - which I just looked at on the pics stored on the computer but can't post here now until I get the photosharing website set back up (computer was fixed a little while ago and some things got wiped.)

Among the paintings on the overhang wall - birds, fish, crocodiles, men hunting etc - there's a painting of a thylacine. At the very northern tip of the continent and about as far from Tassie as you can get and still be in Australia. Fossils were found at the Riverslea fossil site on the QLD/NT border. They certainly roamed the entire continent at one time. You never know.....

Lefty said:
When we were at Kakadu in 2010 I took photos of rock shelter artwork - which I just looked at on the pics stored on the computer but can't post here now until I get the photosharing website set back up (computer was fixed a little while ago and some things got wiped.)

Among the paintings on the overhang wall - birds, fish, crocodiles, men hunting etc - there's a painting of a thylacine. At the very northern tip of the continent and about as far from Tassie as you can get and still be in Australia. Fossils were found at the Riverslea fossil site on the QLD/NT border. They certainly roamed the entire continent at one time. You never know.....
common theory is with the introduction of the Dingo which is a type of asian dog thylacines got wiped out in most places and hung on in Tasmania until after European settlement. But its a big country so who knows what's still out there. They have found mummified fur and skin from Thylacines in the Kimberly

silver said:
Goldfreak said:
Something strange still lives in north queensland too. It's not a Thylacine but put it this way, I did not think it still existed and will never go there again.
Cmon Goldfreak, tell us more.?
:Y: :eek: :Y:
pay attention to your dogs. If they run off yelping for no reason drop all your shit and get back too your car, don't turn around because if you see it, it's hard to keep moving. Have a good sleep :)

Heard tell of a truck driver found just sitting and stareing out his front window, was down south somewhere ,.... all his tarps over the semi trailer had been ripped to shreds by something big trying to get in while he was parked on the side of the road in one of those truck stop rest area type places (no shop, just a rubbish bin), he musta seen it cause he looked almost frightened to death (so I heard from the bloke who seen him) don't panic, it woulda happened more than forty years ago. :eek:

Goldfreak, Cmon, You CAN'T leave us Hanging..... Tell us what you Know... Its only between a few of us... :lol: Tell me yours and I will tell you mine... ]:D

Silver, glad it was sooo long ago and down south :) ....

LW...

Looks like he is not going to tell us or has gone to bed....

Mine is not about me, but what happened to my mates Father... I lived at Springbrook(Yowie Capital the Locals call it), up in the Hills behind the Gold Coast for Several years in the early 90's on a property that was on a Ridge that overlooked the Gold Coast... So I am pretty used to hearing strange sounds coming out of the surrounding Bush.... Mudgeeraba, where this 'Thing' happened, is just below the Ridge that We lived on... Here is His Story as reported.... This Freaks me out every time ....

http://gcbro.com/SEQues001.htm

My mates Father still won't talk much about this now and has had some extensive Physiological Counselling over the years.... Sleep Well :lol:

LW...

I didn't think it was real while it was still but then the ugly thing suddenly moved and looked at me. Don't want to think about now. It was west south west of cairns. If you find my gear out there you can keep it.

Latest posts