This mornings hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1501291432_p1000274.jpg

MMmm, ok, I was trying to post a photo of this mornings hunt before the rain sets in. Dont know if it worked so will submit and see.

Thomas

Oh Wow, that worked, so I have learnt something today.

One of the 50c had a close call with the mower, I don't know if it is spendable.
The medallion is not old, it is celebrating 100yrs since the 1st World war from 2014 to 2018.

I find my new hobby to be quite satisfying, If not as rewarding as out in the desert.
The place I was hunting has a lot of Pennys but they are real deep so I try to ignore them.
The 1968 2c was the deepest I have ever dug a coin at around 10/12 inches.

I am going to try and alter the way I detect, I am only interested in spendable s.

Cheers.....Thomas

You sound like a very happy camper :D

Good amount of spendables :Y:

Continue to enjoy :)

Well done Thomas, you do know a 1930 Com Penny can be worth Thousands and a 1923 Com Half as well? :) Anyway awesome dig and nothing wrong with spendable coins... :) :Y:

Haaa Haaaa hah....... Oh sorry. You obviously were not an avid coin and note collector as I was.
You obviously did not lose over $400,000 when the "Rare Coin Co" went down the tube.
So I NEED all the spendables I can get.
Ha ha....Thanks for the replies guys.

Cheers.....Thomas

You weren't the only one either Tom, a lot of investors got caught when they went arse up.
But $400.000 must have been devastating to you, I can't imagine!

Take care
Darren

Hey thanks for that..... yep, there is a lot more to the story but believe it or not it is still going so I cant say too much. I can say that devastating is an understatement, I can also say that over 100 million dollars was involved so we were lucky. But we (at the time) lived for 30 years in Albany WA and the owner of Rare Coins was...WAS... a friend of ours.
Cheers....Thomas

Latest posts