Lightning Ridge to Anakie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly47

Raymond Gill
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All

Just arrived in Lightning Ridge for the opal Festival and will be travelling to the Anakie Gem Fest as well

Hoping to find some bits and pieces at the shows to take back to our lapidary club "Campbelltown"

will be looking for Lone Wolf to see what he and his mate have ATM

In the week between festivals I hope to visit Grawin and Yowah

Will be heading back to Camden in a few weeks

spent a few hours at the Grawin 2nd dump site after checking in at "The Club in The Scrub"

We are quickly learning what NOT to keep. had a pleasant time in the sun with a cool breeze.

had the opportunity of scratching through a fresh truck load of spoil.

brought home a few rocks and sorted through them, bits of potch here and there but NO colour

will try again before we leave for Anakie Gem Show

ray

Hi Gilly. I may have been on that second dump with you. I was there with a couple of families. Was a great weekend, a shame I didn't see your post prior to this.

Have an awesome trip Gilly, haven't been the Ridge since the 70's, last time there got rope in to catching wild goats for the Easter races, girlfriend wasn't impressed when I got back to camp covered in mud!! Have one in the "Rest" for me!!

1502031557_img_20170621_095002.jpg

Hi dogmatic, we were at the very end of dump 2 close to the entrance of the dump, saw a cupla white vans and a motorhome parked there north of us and closer to the main road,

A local gent in a white commodore drove in and asked us if we needed a professional guide for the day and promised to find opal, we respectfully declined and went about our scratching,, I went to a new truck load just dumped and there were a cupla peeps there having a scratch at the new pile, had a scratch and found some potch

ray

Latest posts