My New 4x4 Compressor.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Occasional_panner said:
Marksman that dual thumper has a really good reputation, I have the single cyl thumper and it's great.
The dual is on my long long list of to buy items.
yes at the moment its one of about 4 that is on my more research list :Y: :Y: :Y:

7.62marksman said:
Occasional_panner said:
Marksman that dual thumper has a really good reputation, I have the single cyl thumper and it's great.
The dual is on my long long list of to buy items.
yes at the moment its one of about 4 that is on my more research list :Y: :Y: :Y:

Have a look at this one mate. I bought 1 a year ago and hasn't missed a beat.

The Ridge Ryder ultimate from Supercheap. I have read they were a rebadged Dr Air compressor.

They're normally over $250 but they are on sale at the moment for a little over $140.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Ridge-Ryder-Air-Compressor-12-Volt-Ultimate/299651

There was a review done by one of the 4x4 magazines and this ranked 3rd. First was the ARB twin reservoir compressor which was close to $1000 and second was also quite expensive. I'd take this over a 4wd super centre compressor any day.

Ridge Ryder are also made in the Same Factory...And Exactly the same as Aldi, Mean Mother, Dr Air and a few 'Others' out there...

Up until 2yrs ago, Aldi's Winches were also made in the Same Factory and were identical(internal and external) to the Ironman Brand Winches.... For half the price too.. Now, they are made by the same factory as Ridge Ryder and a few other brands out there.
If anyone buy's a new Winch now days, make sure you pull it apart before fitting, and clean out all the crap grease these Manufactures use and replace with a Quality Grease.. And reseal with Silicone.... They ALL use the same Cheap Grease... and it will vastly improve the 'Performance' and Life of your Winch... :Y:

LW...

7.62, If you can wait a few weeks Aldi will have their 4x4 Sale on and you can see them in the Flesh.... Paid $98 with a 3yr warranty... Best thing is with Aldi, Take it home, try it and if you don't like it take it back for a refund. :Y: ... Try doing that with an ARB or 'other' Brand out there and you are up for a 6 month wait while they decide to refund you or not...
Watch for 'Warranty Periods' too as some only have 6 months and some have 1,2 or even 3yrs... I was going to get an Aldi winch last year, BUT, they changed the Warranty Period from 3yrs down to 1yr. :eek: .. No thanks Mr Aldi. :N: ..Keen to see what is on this lot coming out soon....

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Ridge Ryder are also made in the Same Factory...And Exactly the same as Aldi, Mean Mother, Dr Air and a few 'Others' out there...

Up until 2yrs ago, Aldi's Winches were also made in the Same Factory and were identical(internal and external) to the Ironman Brand Winches.... For half the price too.. Now, they are made by the same factory as Ridge Ryder and a few other brands out there.
If anyone buy's a new Winch now days, make sure you pull it apart before fitting, and clean out all the crap grease these Manufactures use and replace with a Quality Grease.. And reseal with Silicone.... They ALL use the same Cheap Grease... and it will vastly improve the 'Performance' and Life of your Winch... :Y:

LW...

I bought one of the Champion/Warrior SD9500lbs Winches, mine is the short Drum version as used by the British Military, Tough as old boots and it came with the normal remote and a cordless one as well, Mine also has steel cable and not rope, Although the rope is light the Steel cable can take a beating out on the track.

John.

http://www.electricwinchshop.co.uk/winches/warrior/warrior-samurai/warrior-s9500sd-12v-steel.html

All of those Compressors in that test except the ARB were/are single pump versions, Mine is the Double/Twin Cylinder version and it is fast, The singles put out about 90 L per minute and my one puts out 150L per minute, If I knew how to post a video I would film it.

John.

Anything the Military uses I would use too.....I would swap over to rope any day over Steel cable tho... Rope can be tied together if you do break it, it wont kink like cable and most importantly Won't 'Rebound' any near as bad as cable if something does 'let go'.. And no risk of being cut in half by cable 'Whip' from a breaking cable... Surprised your Military Don't use Rope... Think ours are slowly changing over, 7.62?... Saw some Army stuff the other day using Rope in the Winches fitted to them....

Aldi's new Improved Compressor is also a 'Twin Head unit now....

LW...

7.62marksman said:
Thanks john i have taken on board everything you have said and yes i want a twin pump so they will be what i am looking at

I wish I could find a Truck like your, I really driving the Warrior and I can sleep in the back, But finding a Toyota that has been looked after here is a nightmare. I have always wanted a Hi-Lux, but for the life of me I can't find a Troopy.

John.

LoneWolf said:
Anything the Military uses I would use too.....I would swap over to rope any day over Steel cable tho... Rope can be tied together if you do break it, it wont kink like cable and most importantly Won't 'Rebound' any near as bad as cable if something does 'let go'.. And no risk of being cut in half by cable 'Whip' from a breaking cable... Surprised your Military Don't use Rope... Think ours are slowly changing over, 7.62?... Saw some Army stuff the other day using Rope in the Winches fitted to them....

Aldi's new Improved Compressor is also a 'Twin Head unit now....

LW...

No they use rope, I just wanted cable, I am going to use this winch for rear and side mounting, I am going to fit a HS9500lbs (High Speed) winch on the front fitted with Rope to keep the weight down, The little one is for those days when nothing goes the way ya plan sort of thing, lol.

John.

Before i start i will say this toyota is set up for prospecting and only prospecting i have another car for running around in
I use this one because it carries everything you need for 14 days in the field without going back to town and it has a bed down the center including a tv dvd player and 300 dvd for the wet rainy days
18 gal keg fire for the cold nights
Inverter 2000w pure sin wave behind the drivers seat
Solor Panel on the roof for charging second battery
And a 3kva for everything else (microwave toaster kettle coffee pod machine ) yes i do it bloody hard when i go out
There are two tool boxes above the rear wheels one holds all my recovery gear chains ropes tyre repair kit etc etc
The other one holds enough tools to strip the veh in the field and rebuild
What i am saying is if you get a troopy the you are restricted because you only have the rear door
Something like mine the set up is endless and very easy to get to everything
Towing a trailer or caravan is good however some places i go you would never get a caravan or trailer through or even back out
One place i had to do about a 20 point turn or reverse 2k back out up hill
What it comes down to it think what you need or want to take with you
before you buy lay out all the gear you want to carry then think how you would load it so it can be axcessed with out unloading half the veh
Sorry rather long winded (and bragging a bit as well ) :D :D

Latest posts