Me & My XP Deus

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Taurus is marked Avon Today's effort
1506328310_img_0409.jpg
one lonely silver
1506328349_img_0412.jpg
probably the crustiest penny I have ever found
1506328453_img_0410.jpg
1506328468_img_0411.jpg
1506328484_img_0413.jpg
Cheers and happy hunting everyone.

I think I'll ask this question once on one of the 3 threads...With so many extra coins is irlt a case of a lot of trash, masked signals, better machines or not covering the ground so well the times before, better programming? How deep were these coming up from?

I only ask as I would have thought a flagship machine would nail at least the larger coins such as Florins and Pennys on the first pass without too much trouble, maybe a couple here and there on the next go around....But I do have a site that is so littered with trash I'm still pulling rings and the odd coin out of many passes later so I guess it could be site conditions. How damp is the ground, does it have a bit of extra juice in it at the moment?

Cheers.

OldGT said:
I think I'll ask this question once on one of the 3 threads...With so many extra coins is irlt a case of a lot of trash, masked signals, better machines or not covering the ground so well the times before, better programming? How deep were these coming up from?

I only ask as I would have thought a flagship machine would nail at least the larger coins such as Florins and Pennys on the first pass without too much trouble, maybe a couple here and there on the next go around....But I do have a site that is so littered with trash I'm still pulling rings and the odd coin out of many passes later so I guess it could be site conditions. How damp is the ground, does it have a bit of extra juice in it at the moment?

Cheers.
The guys on the three threads your talking about are still learners really GT
that's why they've still got lots of coins comming up from thrice done to death ground lol ]:D
And they've probly only just made a surface dent in what's really there too ! ]:D ]:D ]:D

OldGT said:

Cheers.

I bedlieve it is mostly that we just never passed our coils of most of the targets. It's a largish area and will take time to cover it all completely. Some coins were shallow, 5-6 CM, and so,e as deep as 20 or more. We did find coins in areas we have covered before but I guess we didn't cover them properly.

OldGT said:

Cheers.
I am very much on my "L" plates for this machine. We attacked this site in a very random pattern (no plan)however imho you could put Rocket on a concrete slab & he would still find coins. Cheers

you can miss a coin so easily, we often get coins 30cms away from eachothers digs. Miss it by 1\4 of a swing I spose, and nobody gets it is all on the first, second, or even third pass. Alot were iffy, we were plucking the louder stuff on earlier runs maybe.

Dave law said:
OldGT said:

Cheers.
I am very much on my "L" plates for this machine. We attacked this site in a very random pattern (no plan)however imho you could put Rocket on a concrete slab & he would still find coins. Cheers

Bloody Ramjet, he's the one to do that!

rocketaroo said:
you can miss a coin so easily, we often get coins 30cms away from eachothers digs. Miss it by 1\4 of a swing I spose, and nobody gets it is all on the first, second, or even third pass. Alot were iffy, we were plucking the louder stuff on earlier runs maybe.
So more to do with the sheer size of the target area than any other factor. Good to know.

Man I'd love to be on those sites....Many and varied targets.

Latest posts