Me & My XP Deus

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
Top stuff, I kept my deus clean for a couple of weeks, now its left filthy, battered, and bruised :)
Battered and bruised ,.... I thought that was your wallet. ]:D

Off to a good start christening the Deus with its first silver Dave. 14kHz on the HF coil is a good all-round frequency for general detecting, leave the higher frequencies for iron filled sites, not really suited to park detecting due to the love of aluminium (and everything small). ;)

Today I spent a few hours on the farm where I have done many times with the AT pro with both coins. Used HF coil at 50 khz. Switching around frequencies for best response
1501135556_img_0324.jpg
first Pd for the HF coil.
1501135611_img_0325.jpg
& the next 2 hours. I am amazed at how hard it hits on very small targets. Till next time happy hunting. Cheers

Bahhh, always the way when you find a nice coin only to nick it on one side, nevermind, still a good result. Notice how all the high conductors are grouped closely together on 50kHz, unfortunately there is no normalisation on the HF coils like on the older 4 frequency coils. If you could normalise to 14kHz, then you would end up with a greater spread of coins on the conductivity spectrum.

If you are getting areas with a ton of iron, 50kHz does a real good job at pulling out the non-ferrous. Though you should dig all non-ferrous targets in those area as they could be coins, regardless of the tone or TID (found that out digging a florin that had a real crap tone, just a repeatable mixed non-ferrous tone). :)

WOAH! 1933 Penny looks awesome! It is nearly there! 1930 one might be waiting for you! :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Finally got to have a good swing today,met up with RJ for a couple of hours at one of his sites. Slowly gaining confidence with the language of the Deus
1503300998_img_0368.jpg
I was useing the settings rocket posted here. Thanks mate. They seem to work very well.
1503301154_img_0372.jpg
1503301195_img_0369.jpg
1503301215_img_0370.jpg
1503301229_img_0371.jpg
Cheers till next time. May all your finds be Silver. (or gold).

Latest posts