Saw this on ebay, had a laugh...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Errr yeah well, better than average chance of being chinese fakes now.....

Extreme arrogance as well saying " don't expect your money back" when he has paypal as a payment method.

Dodgy as.

...... it's likely been made for display purposes only - in effect no different to what you've most likely seen on open display when last shopping for a top shelf camera, or when in Japan deciding which plate of food looks the most appealling ;)

LOL I can't believe its got any bids at all.. WHY!?! coil $280 shaft $55 lower shaft $32 arm cuff $36, control box with nothing inside $15 from china, seriously check out alibaba...

not to mention if they're fake components they're basically worthless...

Elijah said:
LOL I can't believe its got any bids at all.. WHY!?! coil $280 shaft $55 lower shaft $32 arm cuff $36, control box with nothing inside $15 from china, seriously check out alibaba...

coil + shaft + lower shaft + arm cuff + control box with nothing inside = a display item and if so it's not unlikely to be composed of genuine parts and yes worthless!!

casper said:
Elijah said:

coil + shaft + lower shaft + arm cuff + control box with nothing inside = a display item and if so it's not unlikely to be composed of genuine parts and yes worthless!!

indeed i did qualify by saying "if they're fake"

someone with an eBay account should report these & the seller as a scam etc.

I just tried but you have to have an account.

Hopefully they get pulled down and no-one gets ripped off.

the guys description and attitude says it all. :mad: :N: :N:

Just got off the phone to ebay talked for about 30 min explaining the in and outs of metal detectors
Long story longer
Told her all working minelabs come with serial numbers and that maybe a gutted display model may not if it is or was a display model then there is a very good chance it would never work
She informed me that because it said not working he was covered
however where he said it could be fixed for $300 i told her that was a joke would cost a lot more then that
She has passed it onto the investigation officer to deal with it and the others he has on sale

:Y: Top bloke 7.62marksman,

hopefully paypal cover the buyers when it all goes pear shaped for them,

if they were genuine products for parts they would have serial numbers etc. it such a shame that you have to wade through the weasels.

I asked the seller this and he replied ye probably right.
1501147809_dodgy.jpg

I reported these as fake on eBay, however it's unlikely anything will happen to the listings.

Unfortunately eBay is riddled with fake and rip off detector sales.

I've found several listings for fake detectors tonight in a few searches. One listing for fake Fisher Gold Bugs has had 24 sales.

There's even listings for obviously scam products like the long range gold and silver detectors.

It's really a case of buyer beware on eBay.

Some dumb a$$ (just can't say here what i did say when the bidding ended) paid $1050.00 for this empty shell.

Item condition:
For parts or not working
Ended:
28 Jul, 2017 17:15:10 AEST
Winning bid:
AU $1,050.00

Latest posts