Saw this on ebay, had a laugh...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much should he/she ask for a busted 5000? Check out the product description.

"Doesn't work and have no other parts I've been told that the main circuit board is missing but u can buy one for 300 hundred dollars."

at least the guy posted internal photos of the box. I wonder if the unit is a demo non-working unit and the coil is just a hunk of plastic. Note how the wires to the coil connection inside the box have been cut at the connector. This "detector" isn't just missing the main circuit board, it is missing about everything which makes me think it is a dummy display model (if Minelab makes one). Buyer beware.

Hmmm...come to think of it, I wonder if it may be a gutted counterfeit unit.

No serial number as well
Just sent them a message and got this reply

Hi
Can i have the serial number please
Ken

New message from: lewelto-2 (7)
There is none

Your previous message

$300 for the circuit board?
I'd be really surprised if that was true, that's 98% of the detectors value.

If the electronics were only $300 you would see dozens of different knocked up units floating around.

If you zoom in on the pics those switches have never seen solder!

Doesn't seem too dodgy to me, just a dude selling a gutless 5000... Just thought it was a bit funny (the asking price that is)

he also sold these

minelab-metal-detector-gpx-5000-minelab-ctx3030
Item Ended
Item condition:For parts or not working
don't no if they work or not the 3030 looks Brand New looks like not much could be wrong with them.from deceased estate
Ended: 20 Jul, 2017 19:53:24 AEST
Winning bid:AU $3,233.00
[ 5 bids ]

Postage: AU $21.30 Standard Postage
Item location:Newton Adelaide, Australia
Seller:
lewelto-2 (7 ) | Seller's other items

Latest posts