Madagascan Backpacker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi friendly people on pa forum,

My name is Larry and I am backpacking around your lovely country. I have managed to get a lift with Doug and Carol for the next couple of weeks.

They seem like a nice couple but they have two monsters with them. One, the Gold Monster seems to work better than my Gpy6000 and the other is a very angry cattledog called Jack. He just looks at me all day while licking his lips. I have seen cannibals back home that are friendlier. I have to watch him closely.

We are slumming it at a motel for the night where Carol cooked us some pizza with that phone thing. Better than eating the chonkie apples they have been feeding me out at Western Creek.

Better go now as my favourite movie is about to start. It even has an Australian actor in it. Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing.

Cheerio good people.

Larry the Lemur

Hi mate i will welcome you to our great country and to pa
I am sure that doug and carol are taking good care of you and you are getting to see a lot of our out back
However they may not have told you about the drop bears we have here make sure you look up when going under trees the noise of the detectors scare them and they will drop right on top of you (very painful )
Also watch the cattledogs they are crafty buggers they wait until you are not expecting it then they strick quick and hard and will rip the stuffing right out of you
Over all enjoy your stay
PS dont worry about the sharks the crocodiles ate them all

Please take care when out at night, the baby mosquitos may be pleasant with that lovely harmonious buzz (specially when you get a cloud of them) ,...... but the adult ones can actually lift a grown up and carry them away ,....... very very intelligent species with its fully develloped frontal cortex multi-lobes in that large brain they have (and totally dedicated to sourcing food, mateing, and with its ability for camouflage and stalking its prey increasing dramatically with brain size), is well able to discern the differences in size between adult and juvenile humans (preferring the former of the two so insuring the survival of its food source by leaving the young to grow fully before harvest).
If you google missing people in Australia you will find hundreds of thousands of people go missing each year (all adults or big fat teenage children never to be seen or heard of again) ,....... there are some instances of really fat adults being able to survive if able to actually find their way back out of the bush and back to civilization on their own, but they remain very very gaunt for the rest of their lives, and, stay mainly inside, venturing out only in the middle of the day, and then, always anxiously watching with quick glances toward the sky.
They are known to be able to drain a fully grown human of every drop of blood in just fifteen seconds whilst in flight carrying off their prey, with most human carcasses being dropped in mid-flight and landing high in the tops of the old gum trees, and, there, being quickly disposed of by the tree top grazing Drop Bear (known to be graze in troops fully able to consume a human corpse or three overnight) !
So beware the adult Aussie Mossie whilst you are out here mate, its real, just not something anyone is willing to talk about, they'd much rather live in denial, like all Aussies, just getting on with life, even if their best mate just dissapears overnight ,...... they just hope it's
not gunna be them N E X T :eek:

Thank you marksman and silver,

Doug and Carol didn't mention either of them but did say to watch out for the bush ticks especially if I get too close to the dog. I was more worried about his teeth and not his blood sucking close family.

Doug held up a big hook the other day and said something about us going fishing. He said that I would have to carry the hook on my back to help with the load. Something about croc burgers for dinner. Carol was indicating that Doug was not Mick Dundee or Mick Tailer so stop scaring Larry.

Well it's into town this morning to get the tyre fixed then we'll be away. Not even enough time for a few drinks and a feed at the local pub.

Cheerio folks

Larry

PS. I forgot to put up my selfie yesterday.

1500845049_larryintro.jpg

Just say you gotta go to the bog as you pass the pub, and you'll catch up with them asap ,...... then, just start belting down the grog as quick as the bartender can pour em ,....... you'll have had yor fill n caught up with them in record time ! ]:D

Welcome Larry you've certainly received some good advice to keep you safe the only thing I have to add is sleep with 1 eye open.

Hi Ozzies,

Doug and Carol took me out to Brother's mining lease for a nice day panning. Brother is such a great bloke that he let me have a packet of his pay dirt. You can all keep your detectors now because i have the real stuff. :Y: :Y:
1501030310_speargold.jpg

I think I have found another friend for life, a real wonderful man.
1501030378_friends.jpg

We are heading north today and are trying to get to Weipa maybe.

All for now folks.

Larry

Well folks,

We just got to Coen for lunch and fuel but now Doug and Carol want to keep going just after I saw a nice pub. They won't let me stay for a few drinks, tried the trick about wanting to go to the toilet but they took me to the local servo instead.

1501045028_20170726_142909-800x600.jpg

Have to go now as all the caravans are starting to catch us.

Tlak again later.

Larry

I've heard tell of 18 wheelers disappearing into the ground next to those nests ,.. . The proper big nests though, not like that little one you found Larry. ;)

Hi aussies,

Here is Carol and I enjoying sunset at the caravan park in Weipa :Y: :Y: . Tomorrow we are headi g to the Wenlock River to do some bush camping and maybe a bit of fishing, as long as Doug doesn't get that big hook out again :N: .

1501230129_weipasunset.jpg

We'll be out of contact for a few days or so, so hopefully I will talk to you all again later. :)

Cheerio,

Larry

Hi all,

We have had a few daysx relaxing on the Wenlock River just east of Batavia Downs. I told Doug and Carol that I needed to get back to the gold. So today we stopped into see the old Batavia Goldfield area and are now heading back south towards the Georgetown area.

You can have the cape and all the tourists. :N: :(

1501392005_steampower.jpg

Well folks have to do as Doug and Carol want me to help put up the shower tent.

Catch you good Aussies again later.

Cheerio.

Larry

Hi Aussie friends,

We are on the way back to Western Creek now. We will be there tomorrow. Tonight we are camping on the side of the road just outside of Herberton. Doug and Carol set up under a powerline so I asked them if it was safe to do so. They said that it would be alright as long as I wore a tinfoil hat. :cool: These guys are great they can do anything. I am so lucky that I am travelling with them. :Y: :Y: :Y:

1501488991_tinhat.jpg

All set for the night so I will talk to my good friends another day.

Cheerio

Larry

Best spot to camp if your looking for seclusion(no one else will be within cooee), only effect from the power lines can be a noticeable tick that lasts for a few days, but that's only if you sleep with your head near metal ,..... watch out for the minmin lights too, they follow along under the power lines for some reason, and can pass straight through the walls of a tent or a van(don't let them touch you at all ). :eek:

Hi Aussie friends,

Well we made it back to Western Creek and we are back into the gold.

1501896404_cowboycountry.jpg

Yeehaa, back in coyboy country. :cool: :cool:

Doug got the use of the GPZ7000 again so Carol is using the SDC2300 so they let me use the Gold Monster 1000.

1501896455_larrygoldmonster.jpg

They reckon that seen it was made for the African market that I should be able to work it out. Here's hoping. :Y: :Y:

We've come to town for a few supplies today but I hope that we get back out there straight away so I can get back into it. Doug hasn't had a bad day yet but I hope that I can beat him today. ]:D ]:D

Well all, time to go, I'll talk again later..

Cheerio

Larry.