Colsar first finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1500790816_23_07_17_first_gold_057.jpg

First time detecting ! new sdc2300 in the GT last Thursday 20th July 2017, 3 smalls = 0.5 grams.

Congratulations colsar. I've been out many times and yet to find anything. I bet you can't wait to get out there again

1501488577_2nd_gold_012.jpg

1501488577_2nd_gold_013.jpg

Well after the excitement of my first find last week, i packed up the 4wd, and with my partner by my side we headed off to the GT.
While she lay on a blanket and read a book, i was keenly scanning the nearby area. After 4 hours and last call, one last signal 2 foot from the edge of track.
with a bit of a scratch and a dig, There is was - Gold ! I quickly put it in my mouth to clean and confirm what i was seeing, with a grin from ear to ear, i shouted out to her, Bugger then i realized, i just spat out the gold. She came over to see, as my hands were quickly scooping up the loose material at my knees ! a quick swing and Arrr happily recovered, nothing like finding gold twice. one small for .15 g :Y:

It appears to me mate that if you are going to give yourself the best chance of finding gold, than the sdc2300 is the way to go.
Nice finds and very well done.
Mackka

Jaros said:
Well done colsar--must feel good hey?
Jaros

Thanks Jaros, feels great - very keen! spend a lot of the day thinking when my next free day is. i think i have caught the bug.

Hi All,

Been out again over the last few weeks a couple of times picking up a few small ones. The latest .21g - 150mm deep SDC 2300 in the GT.
I know we all love a pic, but my phones camera is not playing the game, hopefully work that one out soon, although it might be easier to find gold lol.