Android - My Tracks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmeroz

Aaron
Reaction score
Iv been using a free copy of "My Tracks" on the android phone and absolutely love it :)

It works well and goes over the top of google maps, easy to use and very acurate. It works out bush and handy to find your tracks back, or even to use to show where you have covered if your out swinging away.

I went out today for a quick little walk to find an old cemetary and thought id show a quick screenshot.

1376203005_screenshot.jpg

It also shows you traveling tiime, how long youve stopped for, elevation aswell.

You can view your tracks back on google maps and it plays it like a movie kind of thing, and shows where you slowed down and sped up (just shows the arrow moving along the path youve been).

You can zoom in or out while your walking and view the map or whats around, it shows what direction your facing as you turn around.

I was suprised at how acurate it was with your steps and when walking back along a path youve been on, for example if you walked on the left of a puddle on the track , then on the way back you walked on the right, it actually shows the difference in the path.

It will also save your file to your "google drive" or automatically email it to whatever address you enter in (handy if your stuck or lost or broken leg or something, then someone can come get you, hopefully that doesnt happen tho)

but over all it has to be the best free app ive found so far. no restrictions either.

I could keep raving on about it but i rekon you should take a look at it if you have an android phone in your pocket.

oh and one more thing it dosnt need phone reception either just the gps

oh and one more thing you can drop pins wherever you want aswell for reference later.

:cool:

a few more screen shots......

zoomed in on a bit of the tracks, you can sort of see the trees and how acurate it can get
1376204631_screenshot3.jpg

then the stats and times speeds elevation ect
1376204667_screenshot2.jpg

1376204688_screenshot4.jpg

old engraving in tree from pioneers showing where the cemetery is....
1376204781_treece.jpg

Latest posts