Car remote issue

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Weirdest thing.
Have been to Hill End numerous times - last time was this last weekend.

Everytime I park in fromt of the pub - the car remote doesnt work.
If I park across the road it works fine.
Never have any issues with it anywhere else

Time before I was up there - Isolation parked next to me and his remote wouldn't work either.

Must be getting interference but can't imagine the HE pub would have much electronics.

Anyone else had this problem up there

Hey Diggit

Never thought of that.
Will check next time.

I wouldn't think that 20mmetres would make a difference but it does.

Same here Neil...Just beside the pub and even on the other side of the road :lol: ...02 Subaru figured either the battery is a little flat or.....
There is so much Gold in the road base that it interferes with the signal :lol: :lol:
Takes walking around it pressing and repressing
There's some thing there as it rarely happens don't think it would be a mobile mast but maybe
Have had it happen on the odd random time at other places but the HE pub...not sure if they have Sky tv may interfere :eek:

The radio receivers in vehicles with remote locking are typically very wideband , poorly designed and can also receive all sorts of interference in addition to the fob signal , the effect of this is to de sensitise the receiver, One such example was a trip I had to the Telecommunications facility at Black Mountain in the ACT where my remote would not work at all.

Thanks everyone

After reading I think this should be in the "what made me smile" topic

I think I am going with Jim

"So what you are trying to say your vehicle has Brewers Constipation.....

It Can't Pass a Pub.....lol"

Thanks for the replies all

Neil

Bazza wrote...

The radio receivers in vehicles with remote locking are typically very wideband , poorly designed and can also receive all sorts of interference in addition to the fob signal , the effect of this is to de sensitise the receiver, One such example was a trip I had to the Telecommunications facility at Black Mountain in the ACT where my remote would not work at all.
Same thing happened to me at Black Mountain. I went into reception to ask for the RAC number & the bloke behind the desk told me "if you push the car & get it rolling down the mountain it'll start once you're 100 meters away...... he then said it happen twenty times a day & the RAC were making a killing out of it :mad: .

Rob.

The remote for my new Subaru XV wouldn't work outside the pub in Oberon a few months back.
As my car was only a few weeks old I cursed the pr**ks who built my Subaru and the salesperson that sold it to me (she was actually quite easy on the eyes too).
Anyway, if any of the above mentioned good folk should stumble across this post, please accept my humble and sincerest apology.
:D :D :D :D :D

Hi Neil,
After you reported your problem I have carried out extensive research at the bar of The Royal Hotel here in H.E and can assure you that it is not coming from my alleged spy base in the cellar but it is coming from the pool table.

There is a wifi connection between the coin slot and the table that is believed to be causing the problem. The same problem occurs with a few of the locals cars so we are going to experiment with the issue next time it happens .

Bob

The problem is definitely some kind of radio frequency interference.

Common causes are Chinese security cameras, doorbells, intercoms etc.

Latest posts