Lost SDC 2300 in Creswick Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matthew Kin Gy said:
Bogger said:
Just out of interest what was he swinging ? or was he panning ?
:)

He was crevicing. Hard at it too, he did alright. He showed me his finds, nice gramer in his box.

Not knowing the situation if he found it would he realize it was yours ? As in the bloke he had been speaking with ?
You have checked local cop shop to see if it has been handed in ?
Hope you get it back as its a big loss that one and nearly done the same . Now I sit straight back in vehicle or across the bonnet so I can't leave without it being obvious ;)

Yeah he would know it's mine. I gave him a hand to move a big rock and then I ran the SDC over the crevice he was working.

Ive checked with coppers and nothing.

Have you looked on Facebook?, Aussie Gold Rush is one forum with a lot of members, it is possible he may be a member, if so join this group and search on the member list for "Matthew" , the results will show the profile pics of all members with "Matthew" in their names , you may recognise him. Just a thought cheers

bazza2210 said:
Have you looked on Facebook?, Aussie Gold Rush is one forum with a lot of members, it is possible he may be a member, if so join this group and search on the member list for "Matthew" , the results will show the profile pics of all members with "Matthew" in their names , you may recognise him. Just a thought cheers

I've gone through a lot of Facebook members list, but so many members without pics of themselves. I will try that page though. Thanks.

Did you check at the police station to see if it got handed in or any of the Prospecting shops.

Could be worth a ring.

Good luck,

How do you know that he actually has it, he may not have noticed it when he left and it is still sitting there waiting to be found. Have you actually been back to the spot?

OzzieAu said:
How do you know that he actually has it, he may not have noticed it when he left and it is still sitting there waiting to be found. Have you actually been back to the spot?

Yeah I went straight back and gone. Plus we were in a fairly secluded spot and I left right where he was.

Still no results for my missing SDC. Nothing handed in and nothing in forums or Facebook pages. So please keep an eye out missing SDC2300 with serial 72572864867
It has a distinctive chip just above the LED lights. On the edge from when I dropped it ?Wish I could take a photo ?

Ouch!!!
I feel for you mate, that must be gut wrenching.
And to top it off you were helping the fella.
Did you go back to Creswick to see if he was possibly thinking you'de be back there same day of the week?
Maybe put some signs up on trees around with your ph no on it? Worth a try.

Sorry to read about this. :(

I haven't been out for 10 days in the Creswick forest but will keep an eye open based on your description.

Latest posts