Lost SDC 2300 in Creswick Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't believe it, but yes I left my SDC2300 on the embankment at Slaty Creek on Friday. Long story.

Anyway, the only other person in the area at the time was a fella I met also by the name of Matthew. Matthew stated he moved to Creswick 2 weeks ago. He stated he had been prospecting for about 4 years. He was 39years old and drove a grey BA Ford Sedan.

Could anyone please help me in finding him or I'm begging for you to contact me.

Thanks.

Metal detectoring........when you hit the bush looking for forgotten detectors! Good luck finding it hopefully an honest person finds it girst. I'd offer a reward if it was me.

Good luck finding it mate.Hopefully whoever has it is a member here and returns it to you

diggit said:
Metal detectoring........when you hit the bush looking for forgotten detectors! Good luck finding it hopefully an honest person finds it girst. I'd offer a reward if it was me.

Yeah I'll give him a reward if he does hand it in or come forward. I'll look after him ?

Tough break on the detector. :mad:

I will keep an eye out for any vehicle and person matching that description when I am in the Creswick Forest. If he is crevicing regularly around Slaty in future then he shouldn't be hard to locate.

Vombat said:

I will keep an eye out for any vehicle and person matching that description when I am in the Creswick Forest. If he is crevicing regularly around Slaty in future then he shouldn't be hard to locate.

Thank you, he was a nice fella, like all prospectors I've said hello to, all just love the hobbie and getting out in bush away from the big smoke ?

My experience has been th e same with friendly prospestors thus far too. I hear you loud and clear on the getting away from it all! :)

Matthew Kin Gy said:
Vombat said:

Thank you, he was a nice fella, like all prospectors I've said hello to, all just love the hobbie and getting out in bush away from the big smoke ?

If you have no other detector then I've got a gpx4500 that you can share the use of with me when I hit the bush. One swings, one digs and vice versa. It means you can still get out for a swing until you get your own detector sorted out.

You don't have a dashcam on your vehicle? Maybe picked up his number plate or a pic of him?

Also you might want to post the serial number of the unit on here and other facebook groups you are with. And have a word to the local pawn shops, give them the serial number too.

Occasional_panner said:
You don't have a dashcam on your vehicle? Maybe picked up his number plate or a pic of him?

Nah I don't. He didn't seem like a crook and I have a good feeling he'll come forward. Maybe just not on this forum. I'm hoping he's just busy and hadn't had the time.

He might go back next weekend to the same spot expecting to be able to catch up with you then, he may have no other options available to him other than the viable alternatives at hand. :Y:

Latest posts