High banker slowly getting there.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just for those interested how it's turning out. lntend to replace hinges and pine on the legs with some bent steel and more mabua ( about 4.60 per length ) or aluminium and screws with wing nuts. And either make short legs for front the same way or crutches if I come across them. Unless money is not an issue I recommended experimenting with cheap material like pine first before chopping up nicer stuff. Made that mistake before
1500193663_img_20170716_175629.jpg
1500193702_img_20170716_175559.jpg

7.62marksman said:
No mate not ugly lets just say mmmmmmmmmm how do i put this mmmmmmmm not pretty ]:D ]:D
Ok ok let's just say it has a great personality and leave it there.

Why are the people with ugly high bankers not rushing to my defence ? I know your out there.

7.62marksman said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ok lets say its beautiful in its own way
Na honest mate it looks like it will work thats all that matters
Me and my ugly sluice will not talk to you anymore. Anyway you drive a turtle.

Mate i have the most UGLIEST trommel out there but it produces the gold that is all that matters just a pity i am not aloud to use it in NSW 8.( 8.( so being pretty is second rate anyway
This post just put to 2000 posts :party: :party: :party:

All good, mate if you think your trommel is ugly you should see my face. My sluice and I will make a good couple :Y:

I'll be jealous if you collect gold better than I do from similar samples.
That looks good mate, perhaps experiment with longer drop riffles similar to the Mckirk, perhaps some longer(as in from feed end to exit) 4 or 5, then a few smaller, then a few longer again??

Them legs there seem like they will work great, just prop up the front with a rock or something to get your desired level and bam! In the mix. With your method of plastic folding you can always attach different configurations of riffles to extend your sluice, if you're not happy with how it's preforming that is. The next thing to do now is find some gold!! :Y: :Y: Also as a proud father of an ''ugly'' sluice set-up I know it's not how it looks its how it works :Y: :Y:

Occasional_panner said:
I'll be jealous if you collect gold better than I do from similar samples.
That looks good mate, perhaps experiment with longer drop riffles similar to the Mckirk, perhaps some longer(as in from feed end to exit) 4 or 5, then a few smaller, then a few longer again??
I will take that on board for my next one. This one has three riffles. Small and sharp at the start bigger and more shallow angles at the end. What do you think of hungarian riffles vs square drop riffles ?

NUGS MONEY said:
Them legs there seem like they will work great, just prop up the front with a rock or something to get your desired level and bam! In the mix. With your method of plastic folding you can always attach different configurations of riffles to extend your sluice, if you're not happy with how it's preforming that is. The next thing to do now is find some gold!! :Y: :Y: Also as a proud father of an ''ugly'' sluice set-up I know it's not how it looks its how it works :Y: :Y:
Good idea, or just simplify it even further One bolt on each corner, four short star pickets, and a sledge hammer. Now I just have to get to a gold field.

Latest posts