CTX 3030 & Gold Monster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all, l have a CTX3030 & need alot more practice with it. I was up at Clermont last Aug/Sept and found brass air fittings, a 1 cent piece and the head off an old Cold Chissel out in the middle of nowhere in a paddock and under a log. Headed up to Forsyth, met a heap of great people, got onto some private property and found enough horse shoes and nails to open a blacksmith shop, lol. But didn't know the settings or the numbers, even after studying the book.
I got seriously injured in a work accident in March, well and truly on the mend now, but returning to work is a longway off because of my injury and Class of MC Licence.
l have been reading up on the new Minelab Gold Monster and l reckon that would be a great learners machine to get started. I need to get exercise and it would be great rehab too. I have a few Old sites l can explore with the 3030, l need help with settings and numbers and l live down in the South West Slopes/ Riverina, close to some old Gold mining districts. Between the two machines l am looking forward to getting out and have a good look about and improve my knowledge with th two machine.

Welcome to PA RobertBob. Wishing you all the best with your recovery and to the getting outdoors, exercising and finding some gold. Hopefully some others close to you can meet up and show you the ropes re the 3030.

RobertBob

There is a wealth of gold detecting info for the CTX 3030 here:
CTX 3030 on Gold Nuggets - Tips On Settings. Do a search on Gold Hound. If you don`t get the info PM me and I will put you on to the location.

I'm assuming you're considering the gold monster for exclusively chasing gold? In that case, the machine is extremely sensative and detects tiny gold at decent depth, but.. if the ground you're detecting is highly mineralised and riddled with hot rocks, expext to work hard for your rewards. Backing the sensitivity off a bit helps as does switching into gold mode (aka discrimination mode) and obviously becoming familiar with what the machine is telling you is a must.

If wanting to detect coin and relics with this machine, forget about it. You'll be digging every tiny piece of canslaw in the area that other machines either couldn't pickup or had discriminated out. But in saying that, my guess is the gold monster would be killer on small jewellery.

In terms of usability, the gold monster is 100% the easiest detector I've ever owned, and its a highly capable machine for its class and under the right conditions.

Thank you very much for your help, and the links you have put me onto, very much appreciated. l am going to be in the Big Smoke and plan a visit to a well known place in Parramatta in the next day or two. I will be picking their brains for sure.
An old mate over in WA has asked me to go on a Gold Fossicking trip next March, and l need all the help and practice l can get. I am now leaning towards the 5000 as a good all round machine for gold and just keep getting used to the 3030 for the Coins and Relics and with a bit of luck some fine Gold.

Latest posts