Tibooburra fossickers article on ABC website (15-Jul-17)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grubstake , thanks for the article !

As for the $10 charge to prospect ' they say it will be used for continuing maintenance of the common , only improvements I've ever seen were paid by NSW tax payers & not to do with prospecting on the common .

Just drive west over the grid on the left behind the old drive inn , rubbish from the past everywhere ' must be hundreds of acres of rusted garbage & other non-ferrous metal .
Never cleared up yet , it's a huge area , I don't blame them but in a strange way they have protected that ground from detectors :eek:

So A big thanks to the past & present locals for all the gold you left for me so close to town :D

jack.

Grubstake that's the bloke Craig Millward i met at the Tibooburra pub who pointed me in the right direction. Detected with him for 2 days, lovey man with a wealth of knowledge. He was right there when i found my gold nugget (flake), he was amazed at the sensitivity of the GoldBug2 and is major reason im heading back there in another few weeks.
Hopefully with my new Whites TDI Pro Oz :p
The locals are very welcoming if you have the right attitude and were great for a chinwag. I must have spent $500 on beers at the pub.
The meals at both pubs were amazing, so good i took pics haha.
Camping in swags at the Aboriginal camping grounds was short of breath taking and the facilities were highly maintained and very modern for a outback camp in the desert.
Thankyou so much for posting the article. I hope to catch up with Craig again in the future....

The number for Johnny A is available from me if you ask as i will not post it here.
He is the man you have to pay the $10 to or he is usually located at the two story pub after 4pm every night. :Y:

Goldini said:
The number for Johnny A is available from me if you ask as i will not post it here.
He is the man you have to pay the $10 to or he is usually located at the two story pub after 4pm every night. :Y:

Does this mean "Johnny A" and the common committee don't use electronic funds transfer (EFT) it'd be easier if they did. By using EFT they'd be able to account for funds paid by these means. All the prospector would need to do is print a receipt. The committee who looks after the common could provide a receipt of payment via email and state the dates of viability allowing purchaser's the opportunity to pay in advance :Y:. Paying in advance would allow prospectors to budget well in advance of their intended visit for those who have a tight budget :Y:. If weather or anything else causes issues the committee should be able to provide new dates at the choosing of the purchaser being a win win for everyone. After all the committee instigated the fee so I don't see why they can't implement accountability and work with the people who pay to use it. At least the committee wont be required to take on extra onerous tasks if you walk a dog, ride a push-bike, go for a jog, fly a drone, ride a horse/motor bike or just go for a drive :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's great OzzieAu I'd just like it to be a bit more accountable given it's only prospectors who are required to pay as I understand it. I hope I'm wrong but doubt it. If a committee chooses to target one user group and not others that bothers me no end :mad: :N:. Does a dog walker/jogger /bush walker pay for the privilege, by virtue of tax we all do. So if you and I have paid the local government tax for a Miners/Fossickers wright why not impose the same state tax on other user groups who enjoy their healthy hobbie/pursuits the same as we do. Maybe it's time to tackle (induct :lol: that'll be the day) a political knucklehead and get them to pursue our plight, oops did I just say let a politician steer our path :N: no thanks.

The whole concept of a common access payable tax/pass/ticket needs to encompass all user's not just prospectors.

Seems to me RM it may be just another way to deter the target group to protect vested interests. The whole Tib story smells a bit of "rort". Without accountability the funds may well just end up in the till of the pub.......or am i just cynical.

Those $10 Tibooburra receipts should include their ABN number with logo ' plus be dated & numbered , funds that are held in trust accounts are required to be audited each year .

What information do the receipts have on them that you guys paid recently ?

Latest posts