Losing gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so do you feel you have the setup dialed in mate and are happy with your capture rates? sorry been MIA for a while my PA emails go straight to spam these days cant keep them out.

Hell no! Recovery rate very disappointing even bordering on embarrassing for the effort but them the brakes. I'm still very green on high banking but believe me I am learning very quickly, I will be changing my setup a touch with 32mm spray bar's instead of 25mm. And will purchase a degree finding level then taking the whole lot to the creek down the road and work on my feed rate and hopefully i should be good to go next week.

Rusty, do you mean you are not finding much or that gold is being lost from your banker?
Have you been finding gold in the second banker?

I really cant fathom how you could lose 60% of your gold off the dream mat mate. Myself and s whole panel of people around the globe test the mat and all its variations in the worst conditions getting it to break and even run completely wrong it still wont lose that much gold. By nature even setup wrong t he pattern has solid walls which gold has to work very hard to get over.

I can only assume if you finding more gold in preceeding system that either your gold is not free yet i.e. needs more processing in your hopper before being treated with your recovery system . Or you are filling all the cells with rocks and the system has become static and all your feed is cruising straight out.

Regardless even in our migration tests where we load the cells with gold and rocks and push fkow and angle till it cleans out you dont lose significant gold untill 17 degrees and low flow.

Id really like to know more about whats happeneing here and your figures i.e. what did you catch in your sluice vs tailings. Water over mat angles feed rates etc

Rusty, can you do a video mate?
I reckon you don't have enough water. If it's filling up with rocks the cells won't be working at all.

I was running approximately at 12 degrees to gain water speed for i didn't realize until i got home that my pump was partially blocked. At the end of the day i did go through my tailings and picking out about 20 or more specs each time x4 pans. But i do really believe that my feed rate was way way to fast cursing the blocking up. Water over my mat around 15mm. Will try and post a video and pictures very soon.

Sounds like you need to get out with someone who can show you how to do it the right way :Y:

A video would really help diagnose what's going on. That's a nasty loss rate.
Hopefully the next outing with the pump unblocked helps water flow and stops the blow outs.
Gluck mate.

sounds like you are basically ramping your mat like a ski jump. not enough water in the first place then because your rocks are building up more angle whihc exits water faster.. so you are basically flushing it clean. the mat "needs' water over the cells at all times. light material is moved out of the cells with the water passing over the top like venturi, hopefully you get your pumps sorted soon and cna post a video or someone can go out with you and show you the ropes.

Not a problem mate. I won't be heading out until next weekend to run it all properly has the way that everyone has recommended. Cheers.

Latest posts