What have you lost or found out hunting???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, went for a swing last night arriving at my spot just before dark. Geared up and went to grab my pick and it wasn't where it should be...looked high and low in my vehical and decided I must have left it at this spot last night. With the sun going down I raced around looking for my last hole I dug and after about 5 minutes I was relieved to find my pick, ahhhh. Got me thinking what else has everyone else left behind or found on their hunts??

diggin4gold said:
Are people who detect at night guilty at where they go :eek:
:lol:

Some times... LOL

Doing a permission about 1.5 hrs into NSW.

Got back to Palm Beach to go fishing with my son that evening and was lamenting that I could not find a pin pointer...

Went fishing and upon returning, came back via teh passenger side - there it was on the running board... I blasted my son, it could have fallen off between his place and teh fishing spot ( a 5 min drive).

Still do not know how it lasted...

Mrs M and I were working our way through the bush at Metrondale searching for bottles. The bush there is reasonably open with small dense patches and space between. Broken bottles and cans are in piles but scattered across perhaps a kilometre square. She was trying to cover as much as she could and I was following behind doing the same at times coming into sight of each other but keeping in touch by walky talky.

I poked my head around a bush to see a little Motorolla radio just like mine amongst a pile of similarly coloured broken glass. I picked it up and called her to tell her of my find. It took me a moment to workout why she wouldn't answer. The other radio was talking back to me but only when I said something :rolleyes:

Was sluicing at night in the summer probably about 10.30pm and a car with 6 naked teenagers found me :eek: they were off their heads and no word of a lie they wound the window down and asked if i had some coffee and cracked up laughing , 2 blokes and four girls .
What ever they were on should be used in nursing homes as it had them high on life .
I didnt know if i was going to get mugged , raped or what but i just gave them a 6 pack of bourbon and thanked them for being good sports and then they drove off .
Only i had my mate with me ,i wouldnt know if it really happened or if i had lost the plot :lol:

Latest posts