Best way to put legs on this ???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to work out the best way to put legs on this thing ? I am just experimenting with the pine at the moment because it is cheaper than aluminium and don't want to waste money by buggering it up. All ideas welcome.
1499866066_img_20170712_223601.jpg

Goldfreak if that's ABS then it can be glued with PVC plumbers cement. It works best if you remove the gloss off the surface first then you can fasten your ABS reinforcing or PVC fittings for plastic legs if you intend to go that way. There are all sorts of expensive adhesives but the PVC cement dissolves the surface effectively welding the components together. A couple of added rivets can help make it feel more secure. Perhaps a test sample would be a good idea.

Thanks money box, I will experiment with plumbers cement. Not much wants to stick to abs and an effective glue would make things much easier. Also could come in handy to seal the end I folded up.

Goldfreak said:
Trying to work out the best way to put legs on this thing ? I am just experimenting with the pine at the moment because it is cheaper than aluminium and don't want to waste money by buggering it up. All ideas welcome. https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/10082/1499866066_img_20170712_223601.jpg

Hey GF
Being a handyman superstar "NOT" I originally put my cleanup sluice on a milk crate, cut some plastic out of one side to create some fall, attached them together with slide bolts (for quick release) and there you have it.

I only took it out into the bush a couple times and what you know it had several other uses, a seat, storage , toilet seat, small table and a step to get into the back of the ute

I've since cut it up for use on another plastic marvel, but I'll see if there are any photos hanging around.

Cheers
Bazz

Remember: "use the milk crate Luke!!!"

A toilet seat and a table...... oh the wife will love that idea, I'll tell her right away!

GF, that material looks very floppy???
If so you might benefit from making a cradle either from plywood, or aluminium and using expanding foam underneath to create a stable bed for it to rest on.

Latest posts