QLD Prospecting Club

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Following a few comments in this forum, thought I would take a look at the QLD Prospecting Club, not sure what's happening with it though. Forum doesn't appear to have had any input for more then 2 yrs and their payment gateway doesn't work so if they are looking for new members, they ain't goin to get any the way the website is going.

Anyone know what the story is or what's going on???

Dead as far as I know...

Brisbane MD Club is the only registered NFP club in SEQ as best I know

The 800 acre property is still there I camped the night there 12 months ago.

So is someone running it or what? Do you need permission to enter, not that I know where it is, but will be in the area in August for an overnighter so might be good to check it out. I imagine the club members have pulled some colour from the ground over the years. Did you hit pay dirt??

I carnt say where it is, it is on private property,I was lucky I stumbled across a phone number and rang they offered me to camp there but I got rained out that night 80mls fell, I didn't even get out off my campervan I left in the morning so I wouldn't get bogged in. They offered me a return trip but I haven't been back yet.

Yes Jaros he is the caretaker his name they call him Kezza, nice guy.They ask you to fellow there rules,like wearing a high vis shirt while detecting, also if you find gold you have to show them where it was found, I didn't like that one.Cheers

Dihusky said:
So is someone running it or what? Do you need permission to enter, not that I know where it is, but will be in the area in August for an overnighter so might be good to check it out. I imagine the club members have pulled some colour from the ground over the years. Did you hit pay dirt??

Always need and must GET permissions.. Not sure you can call it a formal club... But it is what it is...

As to showing where you found the Gold... If your on a Miners lease, then there are some regs about this and that you can be required to show and document all your finds...

The BMDC has access to a few properties that are open to CLUB trips only - WEST and NORTH of Brisbane... And when you do a club trip, your covered by the Clubs insurance and Club fossiciking licence.. We just chip in a few $ each and hand of to the property owner... Depending on numbers some times we include a slab for them...

They point us to some places, and we detect and camp. Keep eyes open for wild dogs and any issues with fences and or damage.

Private trips are not permitted by the Property owners as they have had too many issues with rat bags and or people doing the wrong things...

We have also had the odd person come and then not join the club and then go out and try to get permission / poach / trespass... Some people just do not understand that the Property owner does not have to put up with sh1t and provides the Club with access as they know we will not abuse the land and or their hospitality.. They also have shooters on the property quite often and the club is subject to times when it is safe...

Does Gold get found = YES... but not in great quantity and sometimes only a few of those that go may find a small bit or 2. It is about the Bush / Learning the detectors and Camping and a few yarns... NOT ABOUT GETTING RICH.

Not sure what that is all about AngerManegement, I've been detecting for 12 years now,was a member of BMDC for a few years been on there camp trips.

Latest posts