Oh geez!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need a few helpers to get the rocks out.

1499250187_images1.jpg

Hard Luck said:
40+ kg of rock / ore in me good flanno that I carried it out in

http://i.imgur.com/cuKxYo2.jpg

I'm after a few good flannos myself. That must be one hell of a strong one to take 40kg. Any chance of telling us the brand name.
Once you have cleaned up of course. :D

Take a few pics of you carrying ore out in the flanno, weight wait till you have cleaned up then go for sponsorship from the flanno maker.

:Y: :Y:
actually, it took two goes to carry it out and the flanno suffered a couple of rips in the process.
Also to clarify, 40+ kg is an estimate as my scales only go to 500grs. But the lot weighs about the same as 2 full jerry cans.

madtuna said:
Folks, thanks for your concern, but I can assure you this spot is safe. It is hard enough for me to get there and there are no tracks for people to follow and I won't be leaving any or letting on where it is.

Taking a lease is an option, but the moment you do it draws attention via Tengraph. Yep there are snakes watching the forum, and I know a fair few of them.

Diggin4gold, me having a big mouth in Mudgee let me down?
In Mudgee, yes I got back doored by a couple of people by sharing a couple of good spots, but it wasn't a big mouth issue at all. It was the jealousy and what gold does to some people that was the problem, and in the end it is their problem not mine as patches dry up and I still sleep soundly at night plus I learnt valuable lessons from it and that in itself was gold.

The thing is over here the tourists go home and I still stay here and go about my day to day work and find new patches to work at my own pace, not governed by a short time frame or a detecting season. I detect all year round.

You are spot on with taking a lease showing up on Tengraph. I have heard of people pegging areas then getting cleaned out as soon as it comes up on Tengraph. Also I think it is taking around two,years for a lease to be approved.

Absolutely amazing stuff MT,

I've only just noticed your story & I can't beleive the emotions that reading this in real time has stirred.
Personally I worry that it may attract the wrong attention from the wrong people but I as I have said..... to be able watch such a wonderful story evolving is incredible.
Stay safe & as long as you feel comfortable sharing it with us keep the story/pictures coming.
I hope you are still telling us about this find for months.

Rob.

I'd put it all down in diary....When the rock runs out the story will keep giving.

Good on you mate for chasing the dream, I hope it gives and gives for you.

And don't stop digging at 50 feet mate ! lol ,... pull what you are legally allowed to take home as fines every day to sort out there, don't do anything to jeopardise what can be yours.
I know you would be either too busy or too knackered to reply at all now that you are where you are with it all, but, best of luck mate, and three big HURRAH's from the wings.
:Y: O:) :Y:

madtuna said:
Hard Luck said:
40+ kg of rock / ore in me good flanno that I carried it out in

http://i.imgur.com/cuKxYo2.jpg

I'm after a few good flannos myself. That must be one hell of a strong one to take 40kg. Any chance of telling us the brand name.
Once you have cleaned up of course. :D

Take a few pics of you carrying ore out in the flanno, weight wait till you have cleaned up then go for sponsorship from the flanno maker.

:Y: :Y:
actually, it took two goes to carry it out and the flanno suffered a couple of rips in the process.
Also to clarify, 40+ kg is an estimate as my scales only go to 500grs. But the lot weighs about the same as 2 full jerry cans.
if you mean petrol weight. :D
1 litre petrol=.7 kg
http://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/volume-to-weight
40 times .7kg equals 28kg

https://www.bing.com/search?q=40+ti...20f1201&pq=40+times+.7&sc=8-11&sp=-1&qs=n&sk=

Congratulations madtuna ;) you are giving to all of us a lot of hope that if we put the time and a bit of research we will finding THE patch like you found :)
Keep the gold coming and keep posting some photos of your finds :)
Good luck

davent said:
get back there mate, make hay while the sun shines I says!
(chuck a wheel barrow in the back of the ute!)
But remember to have that little leafy branch dangling down behind the barrow wheel to brush away that 6km long snake track ,... stay on the 8 ball all the way mate ,.... remember, we're rooting for ya !
:Y: 8) :Y:

Diesel. :Y:
1499463824_screenshot_2017-07-08-07-40-58.jpg

So, 40 =
1499463885_screenshot_2017-07-08-07-42-38.jpg

so your guesstimate is gunna be around the 34kg mark.
:Y: :p :Y:

Good on ya MT, and thanks for the epic read, The pictures and the story behind them are inspiring, good luck and keep up the good work.

John.

Latest posts