Oh geez!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Found a run in laterite yesterday, basically just laterite with the odd bit of quartz here and there. Picked up 1/2 oz of sub gr pieces and as it was late in the day and my ute was 6 klms away I marked and left in the ground 30+ signals.

Returned this morning and picked up 40+grams of subs to 2.5grs. It was all reefy gold that hadn't travelled so I tried tracing it up the hill, marking another 50 or so signals to dig out later.

All of a sudden WHAM!!!!

The back of my ute now has 40+kg of rock absolutely riddled with gold and the signal is still going along and down. This spot will keep me amused for weeks as the initial run is about 30 metres wide and about 100 metres long and who know how big it will expand to.

Not sure what I have yet and too afraid to estimate but it's multi ounces, just how many is the question.

Half the bit I picked up were sunbakers too, sitting there winking at me.

Will upload pics ASAP.
:Y:

Thanks fellas! It's still sinking in. Tomorrow I'll get some pics and have a better look myself. Not sure I'll sleep tonight though I'm buggered from digging this rock out.

The only rubbish there was a horse shoe from some old timer passing through on his horse, so maybe I should call it my lucky shoe patch or something.

Just keep the horizon out of the photos and make sure there is nothing in them that could give the game away on ya. ;) ;)

Will take a brave person with no respect for their vehicle to find the spot. The beauty of having station supplied bull catching utes. 16ply tyres with full bar work to bash your way through the scrub.
Even so I did 2 tyres getting there and 1 on the way out. :N:

Madtuna, good on you. I am sure you deserve all the success you get as you surely have earned it, in many ways. We enjoy all your posts and will be looking forward to your pictures. Any yes we have an idea how you feel and the anticipation of what you may have found or not found. Well done. :)

Take a few spares on the morrow then, and a crowbar, they recon when you bar out the thick part of the reef the gold peels away like really really thick syrup, but you'll have to really lean on that bar a while. :p

Crappy phone pics sorry, will get better pics plus crushing pics.

40+ grams from today

LoxHaLb.jpg

40+ kg of rock / ore in me good flanno that I carried it out in

cuKxYo2.jpg

a chunk of what it's all like

KQ9HYEc.jpg

Good outcome MT... is this an area near your usual huants?,..or is it totally new prospected ground?

Hope it pays you well mate.

SUBSCRIBED.
Cheers

It's new ground.

I've been close by before but I'm targeting a certain type of ground and this footed the bill.
The amount of sunbakers and ultra clear signals absolutely every where, plus the absence of rubbish says it hasn't been looked at before.

Plus it's a damn hard spot to get to!

When I found it yesterday I had to leg it back to get the ute 6klms away and was praying I'd find it again as I left my detector and pick there to mark the spot.

:Y: :cool: :party: you'll be able to replace the flanno and grab a few spares I reckon well done hope it keeps you busy.

What you legged it 6km from ute with no gps ? ,i,d be still lookin for the ute now without thinkin i had a chance to find me detector on the way back :eek:
Man you must carry some spares with ya ! The tyre buisness sounds lucrative out your way ha ha .
Bloody ripper the stuff of dreams :rainbow: congrats :Y:

Latest posts