Beach hunting in the North-West of The Netherlands... 25pdr!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week i had i nice holiday in the North West in the Netherlands on the coast! I thougth YES lets go hunt! But didnt found anything specials... i walked about 10km on the beach and on my way back... i nice iron/brass signal on my xp deus... i thougth here we go again! And yes it was! Again a 25 pounder from ww2 in the beach road for the coastal authoreties. At 10 centimeters deep. A nice granade from the second world war. Stoped searching from there and called the police to inform the find. After waiting 20 minutes they arived. Checked the granade and they called the explosive removal authorety, but they couldnt come that day, so i burried the thing again at about 40 cm for the next day that they can blow the thing up at the beach. I missed the explosion becourse a had to get back home! But had a nice ride back on the beach!!!

Greets Christian

strandA.jpg

strandB.jpg

strandC.jpg

strandD.jpg

Putting it deeper would make for a better show when they blow her up :Y:
nice find :D

I like how you say "nothing special" :eek: a 25lb bomb and a hand grenade 8)

I suppose it is all relevant to where you live :)

Hehehe when i bury it, i told the female police to stamp the hole after filling up and i already was standing on the hole, she moved directly 10 meters away and the male police was laughing her out :D

by the way, buyed the new elipse coil for hunting in the waters here for searching modern! Ill hope it works, did some great test with gold and the results where super! I tested a earring that didnt detect good at 18khz but with the 80khz it detected it perfectly! Also with a 2 and a 3 grams Necklaces it worked great! Still having some problems with a block links necklaces of 2 grams. It detected it at about 2 - 3 centimeters clear with the discrimination on 26! and the 3 grams normal chain it was at about 6 centimeters clear! The results of the earring was with the normal coil a reaction at about 3 centimeters with disc at almost zero. Now it takes it at 20 centimeters an with a disc of 26!

I hope i will hunt this week or the next in the water, ill post my finds!

Greets,

Christian

Glad you didn't manage to wack the shell and grenade with a shovel, do you get many any other interesting WW2 artefacts from the beach, or just random munitions?

Good to see the Deus elliptical coil doing well on the micro jewellery, I think many people are holding out for this coil over the 9" round HF for that reason. Don't think it has been released here in Australia as yet. :)

You can find all sort of war relics. From the 1700s till the second worl war. This one is probebly shot from a ship to the coast. I cant wait to hunt in the waters here!!! Mayby thirstday i can go! its then aboat 28 degrees Celcius! Nice warm but im still going in my diving suite :D hehehe

Img_3374.jpg

Img_3375.jpg

Img_3376.jpg

Latest posts