Turondale-Coles Bridge

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day All.
Spent a few hours at "Coles Bridge" near Turondale yesterday. Did a bit of crevicing & found about twenty colors.
Thanks to the members who offered great directions & advice, ( luv this forum) met a couple who are also members, Ken & his missus, out for a spot of crevicing also.
Pretty cold day 10'C but warm on the bedrock Outcroppings south of the bridge.
It was my first time crevicing & certainly not the last
Thoroughly recommend this area, beautiful surrounds & plenty of places to search for the good stuff.
Not sure how to add some pici's but will post a few when I figure it out
Cheers
Mountainman ;)

Mountainman!..how ya goi'n mate...Coles Bridge is a good spot for a bit o' crevicing..good place to camp and take things in as well. mate.. at the top of your page you'll see a series of icons..A A ETC... choose to hover your mouse over the little one with the blue colour and a rising moon -boat thingo select it''left click" it and you'll be asked to select a file..go to your saved pic and choose to 'open it' ...Vola !..YOUR PIC WILL DOWNLOAD ON TO YOUR POST...Hope this finds you well and is of some help mate... cheers Rossco.

1499333414_2017-07-06_19.29.03.jpg

Heyah , modern technology, uploaded my pici. Thanks for the help folks ?
This is the result from my first pan from my first crevice ever.
Needless to say I was stoked......
Scratched & dug around in the one large crevice for about 2.5 hrs, barred a few loose side pieces off & used a selection of plastering tools to gitterdun.
Have to mention that I've been watching a lot of Adventure Gold on u tube, really helped me to know what to look for amongst the bedrock & how to go about retrieving gold from the crevice.
greay day & will head back soon
Cheers. Mountainman

Hey Mountain Man

Would love to come up in a month or two if you are still heading out that way then.
I camp at either HE or sofala.

Neil

1499334293_2017-07-06_19.44.13.jpg

This is the crevice I worked. I think I got most of the gold out, however at the base on the right of the picture I think the narrowest part did a dogleg back under & I couldn't get to this small area.
Any suggestions for my next crack, so to speak, I'm pretty sure the best pan would be in this area at the base of the crevice
Mountainman

Love to have some company Neil
The weather will be a lot kinder in about one to two months for those not from the Bathurst/Sofala area. It's still pretty cold with sub zero temps in the morning. Personally I really enjoy the cold as you Don't get over cooked when you're working. The bush is crisp & quiet. Absolutely beautiful.
I'll post a general G'day a week before I head out to Coles Bridge next time, any forum members are happily welcome.
Would be nice to meet a few folks, share some info, enjoy the bush & of course THE GOLD. ?????
Gitterdun
Mountainman

1499335756_2017-07-06_20.08.44.jpg

This is the area I found for my first crevicing day.
Absolutely Beautiful part of Mid Western NSW.
As you can see soooo many places to work in, I reckon twenty people could all fit in this area, all find a good amount of flood gold and not encroach on each other. There's also a large area beside the Turon here for high bankers.

Cheers
Mountainman

That place looks familia ;)
We spent 10 days on the river last year and came home with about 3grams of fine flood gold.
Really enjoyed our time camping there.. Might do it again some time soon.

Yes there are plenty of places to camp down at Coles bridge. If you have a 4wd you can drive back towards Sofala along the river and find a lot of great places to camp. Just dont jump any fences and you will be fine.

Also make sure that you camp well above the river as it can and does flash flood. A downpour at the headwaters near Lithgow can flood the Turon at Coles Bridge a few hours latter and you would not know its coming.

Latest posts