itsdw finds (starting 29/6/17)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsdw

Drew
Reaction score
Got my first detector about 2 months ago, an AT gold, and i've only ever swung in the bush prior to now, so today, during lunch I ducked out to a park locally in the suburbs I had identified.

For 30mins swinging digging only targets over 62, I scored :
4 x 1c
3 x 2c
and my first pre decs
1 x 1952 penny
1 x 1950 three pence
1 x matchbox car (i'll clean it up and post pics later)
1 x unidentified flattened (formerly round) copper object, I'm guessing a lipstick case or cigar case (patterned with what looks like HR on the bottom), anyone can they help?

Pretty darn stoked to say the least, no decimal coins at all, deepest coin was approximately 9inches deep.

I know where I'll be every lunchtime in the future!!!

1498709884_screenshot_20170629-140108_large.jpg

1498710067_screenshot_20170629-141816_large.jpg

1498710067_screenshot_20170629-141825_large.jpg

:rainbow: :party: Go the ATGold :D :Y: ...Nice run dw :cool:
If it was round it may B what you said ...Edit...Go RJ :rolleyes: but if it was oval shaped it might be the shell from a lighter :eek: :rolleyes:
I gota get a slightly larger coil for mine...you running the standard mini 5"x8"DD Pretzel or have you bought a satellite dish for it...
I need a few options I was thinking the Standard ATPro coil and a concentric for Gold fields....Hmmm what you got? :lol:
Love the sweet sing of silver hey :cool: ....It loves goldies too :lol:

B5MECH said:
:rainbow: :party: Go the ATGold :D :Y: ...Nice run dw :cool:
If it was round it may B what you said ...Edit...Go RJ :rolleyes: but if it was oval shaped it might be the shell from a lighter :eek: :rolleyes:
I gota get a slightly larger coil for mine...you running the standard mini 5"x8"DD Pretzel or have you bought a satellite dish for it...
I need a few options I was thinking the Standard ATPro coil and a concentric for Gold fields....Hmmm what you got? :lol:
Love the sweet sing of silver hey :cool: ....It loves goldies too :lol:

I wouldn't have found the silver but for a change from discrim 2 to all metal, the three pence was an easy 20cm down, it didn't register on discrim 2, only on all metal.

Most targets were 10 to 15cm down except for the three pence.

i am running stock coil, I only get the detector about 8 or 10 weeks back, still learning,

Ooooo...deep one...well done :cool: :Y:
I can't use all metal where I am...the dirt's metal and not good metal :rolleyes: :lol:
I've milked my spots so hard now the BB's are at the Pinpointer deep mark and deeper...
.I know I'm missing some and I just can't live with it :lol: I want them all :eek: :Y:

nucopia said:
Nice collection there itsdw
You are on your way..well done. :Y:

yep, plenty of excitement for todays first ever park hunt and first prec dec coins.
this is going to get addictive

Certainly will become addictive, especially after landing a few predecimals straight up. ;) Might need to add a larger coil to the collection for a bit more depth, worth thinking about. :)

Goldpick said:
Certainly will become addictive, especially after landing a few predecimals straight up. ;) Might need to add a larger coil to the collection for a bit more depth, worth thinking about. :)

Extra depth? I was pulling coins from 200mm late today...
Much deeper and i will need something bigger than a garden hand trowel thing i dig with.
What coils might u suggest. Out of interest.

Hey it's drewNice finds there mate got to love that sweet sound when the coil passes over silver and just to think it's all at the back door happy hunting cheers Lozza

Latest posts