Made this and destroyed wifes hair dryer :-)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1498653213_20170628_220228.jpg

Goldfreak said:
Will make a hopper for it later.
Are you gona use her toothbrush for that :eek: ....How the hell is was that made from a hairdryer... :rolleyes: did you flatten it with her car tyre :lol: :Y:
Nice one...so how do I melt GF's hairdryer? 8)

Yep paint stripper heat gun would work. Just keep it moving and dont get too close. B5mech lol no I am not MacGyver, its made out of 3mm abs plastic. Thinking now what I can do with wifes tooth brush ? Crevicing tool perhaps ?

Where do we all get this Elusive ABS Plastic from...that looks perfect for a stream :cool: :Y:
PA needs a Budget Invention of the year and in this case you win :lol: :Y:
How much :D where? :D ...comon tell more :D

B5MECH said:
Where do we all get this Elusive ABS Plastic from...that looks perfect for a stream :cool: :Y:
PA needs a Budget Invention of the year and in this case you win :lol: :Y:
How much :D where? :D ...comon tell more :D
Tooth brushes and hair dryers can be purchased at your local supermarket :D the abs can be bought at most plastic workshops, but its not the material that costs so much. Its the time. I dont have a large vacuum forming machine and even if I did I could not make the riffles with reverse angles like this so did all the bends by hand. Thats why they are a bit odd looking. Wanted to blame wifes hair dryer but you know the saying.

nucopia said:
Goldfreak said:
Yep paint stripper heat gun would work. Just keep it moving and dont get too close. B5mech lol no I am not MacGyver, its made out of 3mm abs plastic. Thinking now what I can do with wifes tooth brush ? Crevicing tool perhaps ?
Sleep with one eye open ;)
Dont worry. I dont have life insurance.

Ahh..so bend it with a flat board...riffles first then the edges after the riffles :cool: :Y: from a flat sheet :cool: :Y:
Nice idea Goldfreak....That'll make me look at rubber bumpers a bit different now :lol: hmmm a bumper bar sluice :eek:

B5MECH said:
Ahh..so bend it with a flat board...riffles first then the edges after the riffles :cool: :Y: from a flat sheet :cool: :Y:
Nice idea Goldfreak....That'll make me look at rubber bumpers a bit different now :lol: hmmm a bumper bar sluice :eek:
Yep, if you can flatten it out go for it :Y:

That's a awful lot of work Goldfreak and a fantastic result. I think you might have used a bit more heat that the wife's hair dryer though :Y:

Latest posts