Rocks from Lefty

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishfull

Peter Johnson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished tumbling some rocks I got fro Lefty. They came up pretty good.
1498294904_2017-06-24_18.27.49.jpg

Thanks Lefty :Y:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the anticipation the Adrenalin rush like finding a nugg just before it gets dark or the last cleanup from the banker :lol: :lol:
but all good one day soon i will find that peace
but they look fantastic and your right a photo never does them justice

Those certainly polished up well there Wishfull! I knew they would, all of them being made up mostly of silica. Very nice! :) :Y:

And just think, each of those (well, the majority of them anyway) is a little piece of a fossicking spot whose days are numbered - when the Rookwood weir goes ahead, the area will go under water. Then you will be one of a fairly small number of people to have come to be holding all that remains of a rather interesting little piece of Central QLD.

They look great mate.

Cheers.

Lefty said:
Some look like polished Jelly beans! I like em:)

They are Lefty... Jellybean Quartz(well water worn Quartz Crystals) from Inverell area... Some are that 'clear' you could cut some Beautiful Stones from them....

Some of the Smokeys I have seen from 'Inverell' area Polished and Cut are very nice indeed.. Sometimes you can skip a few grinds, especially with these....
There have been some Monster Jellybean Quartz found lately at Tingha... 3"-6" size stuff, that Size hasn't been seen for a long time...

The Amethyst comes from Kuridala, near Cloncurry...

And the Petrified Wood comes from Chinchilla area...

Im keen to see how they come up, as I haven't done any myself yet... :Y:

LW...

Latest posts