8" coil for Extreme

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5286

Elijah
Reaction score
Hey all, Just picked up a GP Extreme, and while the stock 11" DD and 11" Mono coils do a decent job, I'm after something to pickup the smaller bits,
Got my eye on the Commander 10x5 DD, the Detect 8" DD, and the Commander 8" mono..

I've been told the older machines like mine GP etc run best with DD coils, though mine seems to do okay except for the bloody ground noise in some locations..

Any info/experience suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
- Eli..

ps. Also after something larger to go a bit deeper than the 11" input/suggestions would be good on those too..

Elijah I used a extreme with a 14x7 nugget finder for about 18 month, at Tibooburra it was excellent found many small pieces back in Victoria it worked well.The big difference was it had a ground balance button fitted I highly recommend this to be done and it was a very good extreme and a big thing is experience regards john :)

old hand said:
Elijah I used a extreme with a 14x7 nugget finder for about 18 month, at Tibooburra it was excellent found many small pieces back in Victoria it worked well.The big difference was it had a ground balance button fitted I highly recommend this to be done and it was a very good extreme and a big thing is experience regards john :)

Okay cool, I'd like something with a bit of coverage and that would work great..

Couldn't agree more about the ground balance button, i fitted one the day it arrived..

yes the only trouble is that with the more ground coverage means more ground noise ,i see you are in NSW so the ground may be a bit kinder regards john :)

I used an 8" mono commander on a 2200d and it behaved pretty good so im sure it would work as good or better on a GP extreme , so its definitely an option .

GaryO said:
I used an 8" mono commander on a 2200d and it behaved pretty good so im sure it would work as good or better on a GP extreme , so its definitely an option .

Yep, ended up getting myself the commander 8" NF 8x6, 15x12 cm mono, and a 14" DD Pro Elite for when the ground gets real toasty..
pretty much got all situations covered...

thanks again for all the advice.

Latest posts