New guy here with a Garrett!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a noob to metal detecting, I've recently taken the dive and bought a garret ace euro 350 :)

I've been hunting around parks and found a few 2$ coins and stuff like that, haven't been wanting to dig too many holes.

I've noticed on the beach close to the wet sand I get alot of false readings even with the sensitivity turned down making it hard for me to distinguish targets, is this normal and is their any way I can solve this issue? I live close to a massive shoreline and a fair bit of my hunting will be done on the beach.

Welcome to the forum, Lockie, there is lots of useful info that you can find using the search function.

I know nothing about detectors, but there are lots of experts here!

Turn down the sensitivity until it stops falsing when you pump it up n down, then just trust in the circuitry to do its job, it'll be quiet till thete is something under your coil ,... sure, youll lose some depth, but, at least your in with a chance an the wer salty sand hey ! 8)

Latest posts