Testing my used ebay purchased Nexus Bonanza metal detector.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all! I could not beleive myself that initially I found a gun with half barrel but I found a missing piece as well! Yes Still searching for 1923 half penny as well!

6/7/2017 Nothing last forever.... :( :( :( I was out at lunch time again. Then I see park people rocked up told me someone rang them about me doing detecting. He basically told me I cannot dig there. I think people live around there did not like what I was doing. I was so disappointed. I know there is no specific law but people and park officer do not like my action so there is no argument there whether I am allowed to do it or not. So unfortunately I lost my fun park,,,,,

Anyway I found those today with NEXUS Bonanza! O:)

1499313809_img_20170706_125543.jpg

1499313810_img_20170706_131011.jpg

1499313810_img_20170706_131155.jpg

Do you use earphones capa? :/ ....If you were beep beep beeping next to my house my neighbors would complain too :N: :mad:
Can't blame them though....If I was noise polluting in a public place I'd expect trouble where I live :rolleyes:
At least you got two and three quater last Penny's :cool: :lol: :Y:

Don't let it worry too much,look at it as another opportunity :lol:

We desperately need change or we get stale,although we usually resist it change is good :Y:

I bet that you will find a better park soon enough :)

Now you can see how night detecting has its advantages, sometimes it is better to a little more discreet - just depends on the type of neighbourhood you are in. ;)

Just have to ensure your recovery methods and cleanup is just as good as it is during the day, no excuses.

Another thought is to head outdsuring crappy weather, most stay indoors out of your way under those circumstances.

One park I had been detecting on and off for over two years had a vocal minority try to run us out of the park on the first daylight detect. Stupid thing is that they wouldn't have been able to find a single shred of evidence that I had ever been there in the past, plus the local council ranger supported my right to use the park for my hobby (take that vocal minority :p ).

What really galls me is the fact that some parks are barely utilised by the public these days, they should be thankful that we are spending money in their local area, and are also picking up their rubbish in the process. Guess you can't please everybody.

golddiggerart said:
Some rangers are good blokes and even appreciate us removing the junk and rubbish, others are just plain A******les but what can you do.
You'll find another park.... :) :Y:
Thanks maaan. Yep my honeyhole is gone forever. I think park people don`t really care because he saw the condition of grass it was good He could not tell where I dug holes. But Resident live around park did not feel comfortable with it. So I must respect them... I know grass will grow back and there is no affect what so ever on the park.....

I guess I will head to the beach for now. :D :D :D

B5MECH said:
Do you use earphones capa? :/ ....If you were beep beep beeping next to my house my neighbors would complain too :N: :mad:
Can't blame them though....If I was noise polluting in a public place I'd expect trouble where I live :rolleyes:
At least you got two and three quater last Penny's :cool: :lol: :Y:

No earphone just in case someone is approaching (e.g. park people) from behind.
But I reduced the volume so I can only hear it.

Goldpick said:
Now you can see how night detecting has its advantages, sometimes it is better to a little more discreet - just depends on the type of neighbourhood you are in. ;)

Just have to ensure your recovery methods and cleanup is just as good as it is during the day, no excuses.

Another thought is to head outdsuring crappy weather, most stay indoors out of your way under those circumstances.

One park I had been detecting on and off for over two years had a vocal minority try to run us out of the park on the first daylight detect. Stupid thing is that they wouldn't have been able to find a single shred of evidence that I had ever been there in the past, plus the local council ranger supported my right to use the park for my hobby (take that vocal minority :p ).

What really galls me is the fact that some parks are barely utilised by the public these days, they should be thankful that we are spending money in their local area, and are also picking up their rubbish in the process. Guess you can't please everybody.

Ahhhhh I wish! I could do night Hawker. Around park, there is a one small road, it is very close to residents. So I will get more trouble if I go out night time. More suspicious. :cool:

I think I will try to get private permission like Cointector (youtube guys). I don`t want to get a stress doing this hobby.....

I went to a Park yesterday and finally after hour of moving spot to spot, I found few pennies and interesting silver coins. It is my first English Six Pence! (1884!?):D But I need someone to identify one of them (1775??) because I can only see the date and partial writing and bottom of figure 8) . But I am pleased that I did find something to keep up my interest level.

1501456896_img_20170730_162200.jpg

1501456897_img_20170730_162237.jpg

1501456897_img_20170730_162252.jpg

1501456897_img_20170730_163853.jpg

Latest posts