Testing my used ebay purchased Nexus Bonanza metal detector.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this detector recently from ebay Australia. It is basically brand new and no sign of use. I bought it because I was curious about Nexus Credo DDM. But I could only buy from them directly and will cost over $1000 (GST + fee). This one is one generation older one and it does not have any meter or indicator.
I did air test and this one can go deeper than my C.scope or Gofind 60.
It has straight shaft and it is very light but little bit uncomfortable to hold. I found it very difficult to use. But after 2 hours I got used to it. This thing rings very loud on very small Aluminium, copper even they are deep. It come with standard 10 inch coil but I found it too big. And it is difficult to pinpoint as I need to use cross method. So far, fully automatic is the way to go with this one.
1497826123_nexusbonanza.jpg

And found these.....
1497826681_img_20170618_154824.jpg

1497826681_img_20170618_173616.jpg

1497826682_img_20170618_173628.jpg

golddiggerart said:
Will be interesting to see how well that detector goes for you, still getting the pre-decimals mate well done. :)
Thanks! But I think I will leave this one aside as I really love using C.SCope. mmmmm I think I am making mistake again. Too many weapons not enough targets! :(

It is good to see that you are a serious contender now owning 3 machines,I also own the C Scope :)

I like the look of the ground that you found your finds in,good old ground hiding good old stuff :p

Good luck in the hunt :Y:

cashgoldsilver said:
It is good to see that you are a serious contender now owning 3 machines,I also own the C Scope :)

I like the look of the ground that you found your finds in,good old ground hiding good old stuff :p

Good luck in the hunt :Y:

Yeah...Thank you.... I dont know why I always do this. I really wanted to buy XP Deus because I think it has best and latest technologies inside..... But I love trying out different machines. I also collect old film cameras and I have too many so I sold half and bought detector (new hobby). But my room looks more cluttered now because detectors are large unlike cameras.....For sure my wife wont be happy If I start collecting detectors..... :N: :N: :N: :brokenh:

:eek: Capa...your impulse shopping again :eek: :lol: ....gota save those circles for the Deus or you'll never get one :rolleyes:
Just think about how many hours you'll have appreciate your new helium filled wand once you get it :lol: :lol:
You'll need to grow more arms if you don't stop buying detectors :p ... :D

Good luck with the new detector Capa,got some nice finds with it already.Is there any hallmarks on the spoon?

B5MECH said:
:eek: Capa...your impulse shopping again :eek: :lol: ....gota save those circles for the Deus or you'll never get one :rolleyes:
Just think about how many hours you'll have appreciate your new helium filled wand once you get it :lol: :lol:
You'll need to grow more arms if you don't stop buying detectors :p ... :D

You are right! I could bought Deus lite by now! But there are so many detectors interest me. Garret AT MAX, Nokta Impact, Minelab E-trac/safari etc.... :N: :( :N:

Dave law said:
Don't listen to em more is good. After all ,he who dies with the most toys wins. :D :D Cheers.
Mmmmmm, no good but I am heading that direction...... :N: :N: :N: O:) :N: :N: :N:

Eldorado said:
Good luck with the new detector Capa,got some nice finds with it already.Is there any hallmarks on the spoon?
No hallmarks... It looks like silver plated copper spoon.

Ramjet said:
Thanks for the review Capa. :) I love the ARU badge as I work in the rail industry so always like to see related finds. :D
Yes I love finding out about it. Yeah Nexus is very difficult. I must read manual again try notch out some pull tubs....

You did pretty good condidering it was your first time out with the Credo, though you should give it a chance over a few weeks to see if you really warm to it.

Do remember it is more about having a productive location to detect vs having an ultimate detector that does everything under the sun - you can't find what isn't there in the first place.

Pinpointing using the cross method is effective and quick, just need to get some practice in to perfect the method.

Also nothing wrong with trying out a few detectors, personally I think that is the only way to find the right detector that makes the hobby both fun and productive. :)

Goldpick said:
You did pretty good condidering it was your first time out with the Credo, though you should give it a chance over a few weeks to see if you really warm to it.

Do remember it is more about having a productive location to detect vs having an ultimate detector that does everything under the sun - you can't find what isn't there in the first place.

Pinpointing using the cross method is effective and quick, just need to get some practice in to perfect the method.

Also nothing wrong with trying out a few detectors, personally I think that is the only way to find the right detector that makes the hobby both fun and productive. :)

Thanks Goldpick! I am convinced! I am sane :D ! But I will not buy another detector for a while.... 8)

22-6-2017 Nexus Bonanza finds Bonanza of Buckles!!! I went to the same park again before work and lunch time and found many buckles and buttons, belt and strap ends. 2 pennies! One was hit bulls eye in the middle :N: :N: :N: . I am sure I have gone through those area before but I cannot believe I am still finding more stuffs. I am not sure those buckles and buttons are from Military. I found Lockwood but could not find key! But I am liking this detector more! :D
1498106406_img_20170622_124511.jpg

1498106185_img_20170622_135318.jpg

1498106271_img_20170622_135305.jpg

I think we have found our very first buckle King :Y:

Well laided out for a nice picture too :)

Getting better on the Nexus detector by the minute! The buckles do look like they originate from WW2 webbing and ammo pouches, interesting spot. :Y:

Latest posts